Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Ford GT!! What not to like!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 07:58 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: The Ford GT!! What not to like!!

ORIGINAL: Sherwood06GT

If a dealer, of any vehicle domestic OR import, tried to F*** me on the price I'd walk, no matter what amount of money I had! It just isn't that important, and it's the principle of the thing. Screw me if I know better? I think not!

AMEN!!!!! ROF!!!!

Hey 4wheelkillr, can you find that video or link it to me, I would love to see that!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2006, 08:28 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Very nice car, itd be nice to own one, if only for the sake of saying you do. Course its one of those cars that you baby and hardly ever drive... then again, knowing me, Id probably have mods waiting for it by the time I took delivery. Not really sure if Id be happy with that 3.3 0-60...[8D]
Old 10-17-2006, 08:43 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GuitarGuyBMG

Mine sold one for 252 when they first came out.

WOuld love to have a job that would allow me to buy a $252K car...oh, well..I'll keep on dreamin on...
Old 10-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

I saw one on the way home on sunday, white with blue stripes, awesome car! Funny though, we were going the opposite way and I had window down, I let off the gas to hear the thing as it went by and it was almost silent doing about 50, I completely off and I mine was louder as we pasted.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:36 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

I have seen a black one and a silver one just like in the video and they are both owned by the guy who owns the dealership here. When they started one up I about messed my pants and to sit in one, OMG, it was great.......but like Sherwood06GT said, no one wants to take a f***ing from a dealer but man it would be hard not to buy if the cash was in my hands!!!! I would mod the crap out of it!! lol
Old 10-17-2006, 10:07 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I've seen one up close and I just can't stand that vertical latch for the hood(trunk) or whatever it's for and isn't that a keyhole next to it? I'm sure it's a blast to drive, but for the money I would expect some cleaner lines personally. I think i'd save a bunch of cash and get a viper or z06 vette.

If that is to release the hood they should have deleted it and put in an electric popper!
Old 10-17-2006, 10:14 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Is that latch for the doors? I don't get it? either way it looks like an afterthought. They got done with the whole car and then realized they forgot the door handles.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:34 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

for twice a z06 or a viper...not worth it. It does look sweet but those are just as fast and dont cost as much.

If you notice, its the Ford GT not the GT40 like it shouldve been this is b/c ford wouldnt buy back the rights to the name after they sold it I think.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

my uncle owns a ford gt and i've gotten to drive it quite a few times... there are a few things that i defiently do not like about it, as far as regular driving go....

way too small inside, no rear visibilty, its hard to tell where you are on the road (most of the time youll find yourself driving in the middle of the road lol), no cup holders and the doors were defiently not designed too well, if someone parks next to you you literally can't open the doors, as they have to be opened all the way to get in.

other then that its a blast to drive
Old 10-17-2006, 11:21 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

I can see how parking could be an issue, plus its a very wide vehicle.

Oh, and the Ford dealer in the video dosent know what he's talking about. 11 sec quarter mile stock?!

Quick Reply: The Ford GT!! What not to like!!