MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Tuner question (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/194116-tuner-question.html)

tpafire5 10-17-2006 07:29 PM

Tuner question

Is the tuner an easy do it yourselfer or not????

Ruffnuts 10-17-2006 07:52 PM

RE: Tuner question

Yes

tpafire5 10-17-2006 08:08 PM

after you tune the car is it still a comfortable daily driver or does it drive like your in first gear the whole time(automatic)?

Menace 10-17-2006 08:14 PM

A tuner & cai combo should be standard for every Mustang. Reduces throttle lag, increases power and torque, in some cases increases fuel mileage, and drives no different then stock... Unless you count the smile it puts on your face. Installing a tune is one of the easiest things you can do, right up there with putting air in your tires and checking your oil. Plug it in, follow the short instructions. (Turn key on, when it says to turn key on. lol.) and you'll all set. Despite what some people might say that "You don't need to retune it once it's been tuned." I and others have realized if you don't tune it after a couple hundred miles it starts to lose some of it's giddy-up... So I find it common to reload the tune everytime you fill up.

I'm assuming you have an automatic, and I haven't driven one with an automatic, but rest assured the shift points will firm up, making the shifting smoother and faster, and the time it takes for the car to move from the time you push the accelerator down will be very much improved (IE Throttle lag.)

Mpaint99 10-17-2006 08:43 PM

I have a automatic.I agree a tuner and AEM should be standard equipment.The tuner brings your pony alive.I have a SCT tuner,
tuned by Brenspeed.There awesum to work with and the tuner is plug and play.Couldnt be easier.A definite must.

Warlok 10-17-2006 09:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Menace

A tuner & cai combo should be standard for every Mustang. Reduces throttle lag, increases power and torque, in some cases increases fuel mileage, and drives no different then stock... Unless you count the smile it puts on your face. Installing a tune is one of the easiest things you can do, right up there with putting air in your tires and checking your oil. Plug it in, follow the short instructions. (Turn key on, when it says to turn key on. lol.) and you'll all set. Despite what some people might say that "You don't need to retune it once it's been tuned." I and others have realized if you don't tune it after a couple hundred miles it starts to lose some of it's giddy-up... So I find it common to reload the tune everytime you fill up.

I'm assuming you have an automatic, and I haven't driven one with an automatic, but rest assured the shift points will firm up, making the shifting smoother and faster, and the time it takes for the car to move from the time you push the accelerator down will be very much improved (IE Throttle lag.)

No way could this question be answerd any better than you did!