Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many GT500s will be built?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 11:22 AM
blnsfn2

Default How many GT500s will be built?

Has anyone ever seen anything abot how many GT500s will be built? Are they just a car for this year or will they continue to be made? The useful greed of of the dealers of pricing 15-20K over sticker makes this car too expensive - but maybe at MSRP.

What does everyone think about the Shelby GT that will be out soon.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:46 AM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: How many GT500s will be built?

FORD said they were making 7000-9000 GT 500's

IMHO............. the Shelby GT "dilutes" the image of the GT 500, as I said in another post, it will end up being called a "baby Shelby". But, oh what people will do for that SHELBY Badge!! FORD could have offered the GT 500 in a 4.6 or 5.4 engine option, that makes better sense.

For less $, and some very simple mods, our GT's will outperform the "baby Shelby", and the 2 color only scheme sux.
Old 10-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

about 9000. Give it about 2-3 yrs and their will be GT500s sitting on lots all over america going for below sticker.
Old 10-14-2006, 04:50 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

Given the hype and the usual type of person who will buy this vehicle (rich, arrogant, or stupid) I'll keep my GT and mod it to the hilt! They just aren't that special. A Z06 for pretty much the same price will outperform them in every way.
Old 10-14-2006, 04:50 PM
pork
1st Gear Member

Quote" about 9000. Give it about 2-3 yrs and their will be GT500s sitting on lots all over america going for below sticker." Quote

Like the older ones are now? I refuse to pay over MSRP for anything. If the Pontiac dealer hadn't tried to squeaze $3000 extra out of me on a Soltice, I might be driving one of them now. Don't have a Shelby and no desire to own one but I don't begrudge those that do. The Hertz cars are gonna be offered to dealers once Hertz is done with them. Seems like one of those would be a good investment... Do you watch Barrett Jackson? some of them are bringing well over $200,000.

How many corvettes from the same era do you see bringing that kind of money?
Old 10-14-2006, 04:53 PM
pork
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sherwood06GT

Given the hype and the usual type of person who will buy this vehicle (rich, arrogant, or stupid) I'll keep my GT and mod it to the hilt! They just aren't that special. A Z06 for pretty much the same price will outperform them in every way.
These comments amaze me.... It's gotta be jealousy or envy!!! Why else would someone make such an arrogant, stupid comment...
Old 10-14-2006, 06:02 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

Listen PORK!!! People on these forums are open to express their opinions, without the need for dumbass newbies to come on and INSULT others on the forum. Jealosy or envy is not in the equation as I can afford whatever I want. It's just a plain fact being stated. Go somewhere else and blow your insults. Fool.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:16 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Listen PORK!!! People on these forums are open to express their opinions, without the need for dumbass newbies to come on and INSULT others on the forum. Jealosy or envy is not in the equation as I can afford whatever I want. It's just a plain fact being stated. Go somewhere else and blow your insults. Fool.
Burn! [&:]

In 3 years there will be a bunch on lots and a bunch on the streets. I had the pleasure of seeing one coming down 1709 when I was walking outa taco bueno... They are very sweet cars!
Old 10-14-2006, 06:25 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KTownGT

In 3 years there will be a bunch on lots and a bunch on the streets. I had the pleasure of seeing one coming down 1709 when I was walking outa taco bueno... They are very sweet cars!
Yes, I agree, they are nice. My point was, if you have the dough to spent upwards of 70k on a GT500, it is really quite shortsighted given that fact you can have quite a bit more car in a Z06 or comparable. Some people just get caught up in the hype and Ford is taking advantage of them.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:34 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: KTownGT

Yes, I agree, they are nice. My point was, if you have the dough to spent upwards of 70k on a GT500, it is really quite shortsighted given that fact you can have quite a bit more car in a Z06 or comparable. Some people just get caught up in the hype and Ford is taking advantage of them.
The people who buy them don't want another run of the mill vette. I bet most of the people who own them grew up dreaming of owning that car, but they couldn't afford it at that time.

Quick Reply: How many GT500s will be built?