Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Much does racing stripes costs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 08:56 PM
pony girl 05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: How Much does racing stripes costs?

Baltimore street mods and do it yourself
Old 10-20-2006, 09:11 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

i know how to tint car windows but i ain't messing installing stripes on my own.. i want it perfectly and professionally!!
Old 10-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Daniel06GT
3rd Gear Member

Anybody know of any good deals here in Phoenix, AZ?

-DG
Old 10-20-2006, 09:45 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

In that case be sure to check out the shop really well! Some are professional and some are not. I ordered mine myself from baltimore street mods for $139 (10 inch offwhite), they charged a few dollars more for some colors, standard color were $129.

I wanted to minimize dirt under the stripes and didn't know any good, clean, professional shops in my area and couldn't find any info online so I did it myself. I got two tiny pieces of grit under one of the roof stripes that still errkks me when i wax the car, but other than that it came out good. It's a two person job and you'll probably need a heated garage this time of year in IL.

I would try to find a place that's done the new mustangs before, check with your local dealers, some out source stripe installation.

ORIGINAL: doodad

i know how to tint car windows but i ain't messing installing stripes on my own.. i want it perfectly and professionally!!
Old 10-20-2006, 09:56 PM
cyberjock4hire
1st Gear Member

As Pony Girl 05 said " Baltimore street mods and do it yourself ". They have a first class kit and it is easy to install. I've had my black stripes on my screaming yellow for well over a year now, no problems. I believe i paid about $116 for the full kit.
Installation took about 8 hours over the course of 2 days. It was not very difficult, just tedious.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:16 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

For anyone thinking of doing it yourself be sure to have an extra set of hands available and wipe down each section right before you start applying the stripe. You wouldn't believe the amount of crap that will settle on your car in a few minutes.

I also did mine in 2 days, but could have easily done it in one if I wasn't so lazy.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:47 PM
JimC

I picked up mine from Baltimore Street Mods, around $140 as I recall. I had a local shop install them for me because I don't have the patience and it was worth the $150 to pay someone else. With the V6 when I bought mine the front bumper stripe was for the GT bumper, although now BSM has a V6 style front bumper -- the front bumper and over the windshield (since I have a convertible) weren't on for the picture in my signature.
Very high quality, and they are quick to respond to questions as well. If you have the patience and an extra set of hands to help you can do it yourself. Although the shop that installed my SS Shelby style said they really liked the look and a lot of people stopped to look at it while it was outside "curing" in the sun, it was a more difficult stripe to install because of the hood angles compared to the twin stripes.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Psycho79
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: doodad

$225 installed?? can u ask them please if there is any of their sores in IL?? i will definetely go with stripes soon then!!

350 bucks for everything is an awesome deal too!! i gotta research now!
They only have the one store here in Alabama, I was referred to them from my cousin(he owns a body shop and has them do all his striping work, so I may have caught a small break in the cost of it as well). I'll have pics up later today, after I wash the car.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:11 PM
Psycho79
1st Gear Member

OK, I've got the photos in my album now, so you can just check them out there.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:16 AM
Redleg
1st Gear Member

I too have been considering BMS for some black stripes on my Grabber Orange ride. The price I've been quoted is in the 150-250 range for install.

How long have you guys had the BMS stripes on for? I'm interested in how good "3M Automotive Quality Vinyl" is. Are the slides lasting?

Quick Reply: How Much does racing stripes costs?