Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID headlights

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 03:20 AM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: HID headlights

This doesn't look blue to me.

Old 10-21-2006, 03:29 AM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MikeVistaBlue06

You know what think about Saleen.? Their car is ugly; the grill completely sucks. It looks like something a gay tennis dude would drive.

Now I like their supercharger which I had installed on my GT that looks 10000X better than the Saleen.

HID headlights are a pain in the *** to anyone who has to meet them. They throw off too much glare and also all of those weird rainbows and colors (purple) they emit because in instead of reflectors, they use refractive (I'll let you phigure out the physics on that one) elements in the lights.

The goddamn things need to be banned because they are a menance to good drivers on the highway. Guess what, I can see the road just as good with regular halogen headlamps just as good as you can with HIDs!
Uhhh no.

And you obviously have not seen properly installed HIDs.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:17 PM
MikeVistaBlue06
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: GT Premi

This doesn't look blue to me.
It is because your camera can't capture the spectrum of light like your eye can.

Here is a glow discharge picture of Xe which is a primary component of these friggin HID lamps.

Now tell me the emission from Xenon is not blue! Physics & chemisty show you it is by the way!

Note the comment about them being blue:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenon_H...HID_technology

However, HIDs are a major problem for drivers who are getting them blasted in their faces:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...view/index.htm

http://members.misty.com/don/d2.html

http://cartalk.com/board/showflat.ph...ge=7&fpart=all

HIDs would be ok, if they used Kr instead of either Xe or Xe-Hg.

But of course, science & data doesn't mean anything to some of you....However, some of you men may be color blind as that is a sex related genetic abnormality that occurs only in men (Y-chromosome related).
Old 10-21-2006, 01:22 PM
MikeVistaBlue06
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: TMG

You know what think about Saleen.? Their car is ugly; the grill completely sucks. It looks like something a gay tennis dude would drive.

Now I like their supercharger which I had installed on my GT that looks 10000X better than the Saleen.

HID headlights are a pain in the *** to anyone who has to meet them. They throw off too much glare and also all of those weird rainbows and colors (purple) they emit because in instead of reflectors, they use refractive (I'll let you phigure out the physics on that one) elements in the lights.

The goddamn things need to be banned because they are a menance to good drivers on the highway. Guess what, I can see the road just as good with regular halogen headlamps just as good as you can with HIDs!
Uhhh no.

And you obviously have not seen properly installed HIDs.
Then I guess the ones I see on Lexus' and BWMs aren't properly installed???
Old 10-21-2006, 02:42 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

Depending on the temp of the bulbs they are white light or blue. The hotter they get the more blue they get.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:18 PM
Sevalley
1st Gear Member

haha, he called you a sex-related genetic abnormality
Old 10-23-2006, 07:23 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: surf808

I've been looking to get some bi-xenon HIDs for my 2005 mustang gt. I was wondering if you have them where did you get them. Also can I just put them into the stock headlight housing with no ill effects? Some people said that they will melt so I just want to make sure about these thing before I spend 400 or so dollars.

Thanks
Hey ricer, do us all a favor and stick with your regular lights. I am tired of those blue HID things blinding the pi$$ out of me at night.

I hope the damn NSTA outlaws these things!
Some how the Rednecks always seem to come out in this posts. It is their car and they do with it whatever they want. If you weren't so ignorant you could learn more. Domestics have really fallen behind imports lately in all sectors. The quality and sales attend to that; yes I will say we are starting to catch up but still we have much to learn from them this days. For example power/weight ratio, quality and ride confort.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:33 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

So has any one added the HID's to there mustang?
Old 10-26-2006, 07:07 PM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

Yes. That night shot is of my Saleen HIDs.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:09 PM
TungstenTornado

wow ! [8D]

Quick Reply: HID headlights