Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CATS or No CATS

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 01:06 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: CATS or No CATS

ORIGINAL: Kaldar142

lol people behind me are always bitching and moaning about how my car smells bad.

yeah im currently running offroad hpipe with stocks, LMs sound stupid
hmmmm....don't you have LMs?
Old 10-20-2006, 01:10 PM
schapman
4th Gear Member

leave the cats in...
Old 10-20-2006, 01:12 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sherwood06GT

ORIGINAL: Kaldar142

lol people behind me are always bitching and moaning about how my car smells bad.

yeah im currently running offroad hpipe with stocks, LMs sound stupid
hmmmm....don't you have LMs?

yeah i did, LMs sound great with stock exhaust, but once i put the offroad hpipe on it just turned to complete trash, it sounds like a bunch of metal clashing together. so i put hte stock mufflers back on and it actually sounds like a mustang now
Old 10-21-2006, 01:06 AM
MikeVistaBlue06
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: lynwood78

Well tomorrow I'm going down to my shop and gonna have them remove my cats. How loud will my car get? Any gains? Also can I put them back on when I'm going to get my smog check?
I forwarded your note to the EPA. I am sure they will not be happy with your decision.

Do the rest of our lungs a favor and leave your cats in place. They are not restrictive as you think.

You want it loud, cut the damn exhaust just behind the cats and have them turn it out to the side. Better than short cherry bombs on a Ford Bronco!
Old 10-21-2006, 03:41 PM
lynwood78
3rd Gear Member

Well this world is already ****ed up as it is. Have you seen the smog that surrounds L.A. everyday? If it's not me then is somebody else doing it. Ohh by the way I decided to leave the cats in yesterday.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:23 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MikeVistaBlue06

Well tomorrow I'm going down to my shop and gonna have them remove my cats. How loud will my car get? Any gains? Also can I put them back on when I'm going to get my smog check?
I forwarded your note to the EPA. I am sure they will not be happy with your decision.

Do the rest of our lungs a favor and leave your cats in place. They are not restrictive as you think.

You want it loud, cut the damn exhaust just behind the cats and have them turn it out to the side. Better than short cherry bombs on a Ford Bronco!

Ok, I am ignorant... aren't the catalytic converters (hence cats) items that MUST stay on your vehicle for emissions, etc. etc. etc?

From EPA Environmental Fact Sheet (Mar 1996)
Catalytic converters are critical emission control components that have been installed on most cars and trucks manufactured since
1975. Since engines don't burn fuel completely during the combustion process, the exhaust contains a significant amount of harmful
pollutants such as carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons, and oxides of nitrogen. The catalytic converter aids the conversion of these
pollutants to less harmful substances such as carbon dioxide, water vapor, nitrogen, and oxygen before the exhaust is expelled into the environment.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:54 AM
Meph
2nd Gear Member

What's the environment ever done for me?

Screw it. Take those cats out!

[&:]
Old 10-22-2006, 11:21 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

For the sake of the planet, sink your boat!

ORIGINAL: 6xStang

for the sake of the planet, leave the cats on. They take so little power yet do so much to clean the air.....

My new 320 hp boat doesn't have cats; even with the ULEV EFI engine, the exhaust is noticeably stinkier than any of my powerful cars.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:23 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

That's a great attitude! Might as well toss trash out your windows since other people are doing it.

Well this world is already ****ed up as it is. Have you seen the smog that surrounds L.A. everyday? If it's not me then is somebody else doing it. Ohh by the way I decided to leave the cats in yesterday.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:26 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Shops will actually remove your cats? I would think they'd be worried about big fines and such.

Quick Reply: CATS or No CATS