Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To Bra or not to Bra

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 01:41 PM
AL07Mustang

Default To Bra or not to Bra

Ok guys I need your help. My 07 has a few dings alreay in the paint from rocks. I drive 120 miles round trip to work everyday, so its going to happen. What are your expereinces with bras (car bras that is)? Good, bad, or otherwise.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:46 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: To Bra or not to Bra

No bra......all though they serve a great purpose, IMO they take away the muscle look of your car....granted, I see bras on all sorts of cars but our stangs need to be bra-less!!

I have yet to find it, but I have been told about a clear cover that is really good. It doesnt take away the look of the car; it allows the appropriate sunlight (for color fade) and is supposed to fit so snug you cant tell you have any type of cover until you get right on it. Ill have to go check around the net and see if I can find this cover....that is what Ive been thinking about doing but have not put the time into researching yet.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:50 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

Here is one... It is basically the same thing that comes on the BMW's and Mini's Factory.

Invisible Bra

I personally do not like the regular bras, the can scratch the **** out of your car and can make the paint fade uneven.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:50 PM
slow07
2nd Gear Member

Bras are bad enough on girls, but even worse on cars. A bra is a lot more noticable than a few rock chips.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:00 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Archion

Here is one... It is basically the same thing that comes on the BMW's and Mini's Factory.

Invisible Bra

I personally do not like the regular bras, the can scratch the **** out of your car and can make the paint fade uneven.
Thanks for link!!! Those are not near as expensive as I thought they would be....Id really like to see what they look like on a car.

slow07....I agree with you about the bras but man Ive done the 200 mile round trip to work and it sux hard!! It will totally trash your hood, faschia, headlight lenses and anything else in the front of your car in a matter of months so I can relate about wanting to preserve your front end......what do you do???
Old 10-20-2006, 02:11 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

I have not yet ordered mine, But have seen them on other cars, you cant see them until your right up on them, they are optical grade, so they are crystal clear.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:13 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

I have not yet ordered mine, But have seen them on other cars, you cant see them until your right up on them, they are optical grade, so they are crystal clear.

So you are happy with they way they look on the car??? Can you see the seems very good or do they blend in pretty good?
Old 10-20-2006, 02:26 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

It is pretty think so you can see a seam, I guess that you would have to be careful in your waxing cleanup, just like vynil stripes, you have to be within about 3 feet to start seeing them and then it depends on the angle. The first time I saw them I had to bend down and look to see what they were. If you keep the edges pretty clean they are almost unnoticable, just takes some detail care, But its worth it IMHO, for the protection it gives,
Old 10-20-2006, 02:33 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

It is pretty think so you can see a seam, I guess that you would have to be careful in your waxing cleanup, just like vynil stripes, you have to be within about 3 feet to start seeing them and then it depends on the angle. The first time I saw them I had to bend down and look to see what they were. If you keep the edges pretty clean they are almost unnoticable, just takes some detail care, But its worth it IMHO, for the protection it gives,

EXCELLENT!! Thanks for the POV!!!
Old 10-20-2006, 02:40 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

NP Bro!!!

Quick Reply: To Bra or not to Bra