Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY CAR IS CHRISTINE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 08:51 PM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

Default MY CAR IS CHRISTINE!!!

For those of you who don't know the 1983 movie Christine here are a couple of taglines:

"She'll possess you. Then destroy you. She's death on wheels. She's..."

"She was born bad. Plain and simple. Somewhere deep on a darkened assembly line. Christine. A '58 Plymouth Fury possessed by Hell. She's taken control of her teenage owner, Arnie. Her previous owner is not alive to warn him. And now she's steering straight for the one person in her way. Arnie's girlfriend, Leigh. The other woman."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085333/

I didn't know the movie until, ironically, today, while watching the top 25 or so scary scenes or movies or something like that on cable. Didn't think anything of it...

My 2006 Silver GT only has 1900 miles on it. By all rights I should never have found it. It had to be the only 5sp manual left in the state when I bought it in September. The process was so smooth, it was the color I wanted, the wheels I wanted, even had cloth (my fiance hates leather).

No major incidents have happened.... yet. It started to have a rattle from the left A-pillar that was enough to drive you INSANE! Got that fixed. Another smaller rattle is coming from the shifter boot, I think... I put Infinity speakers in and now the door panels rattle. The first scratch I actually put on it... and it should never have happened. Not even a month into owning it! I was sick the entire night. Then just a couple of weekends ago I actually watched someone hit it as they tried to parallel park behind it and then drive off w/out leaving a note. Again, minor damage but I chased them down and turned out to be an old substitute teacher of mine from elementary, middle school, and high school. (It was in my hometown which is somewhat small.) I had to swallow my rage when I saw who it was (and her little granddaughter was with her...). Now, I go drop off my fiance at work and not even out of the lot I hear a loud bang of some sort from the right rear. Did I just run over something??? There was nothing!! Then I hear something smack the rear-right wheel well. I get out and watch my tire deflate.

So... I call my friend and he knows the history of the car. He says, "Hey, I think you got that car, what's it's name, Carrie?" I'm like, "Nah, Carrie was that crazy bitch who killed everyone at prom, this is Christine, not that I would have known what you were talking about even yesterday, I just saw that movie reviewed on TV... huh...."

So, my car has been christened, Christine. And if I suddenly stop posting here, well, you'll know she got me guys.

Old 10-21-2006, 09:07 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: MY CAR IS CHRISTINE!!!

[sm=funnypostabove.gif], but funnier is that I actually say the movie when it came out on the movie theaters...dang..I am getting old....
Old 10-21-2006, 09:27 PM
pony girl 05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: MY CAR IS CHRISTINE!!!

actually Christine repaired herself when people damaged her, if you could only be so lucky