Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What car do you fear at the strip?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 04:04 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What car do you fear at the strip?

ORIGINAL: gothikka

Just curious what car do you fear racing at the strip? Is it the vette, SRT4, EVO, STI? I'm currently deployed to Kuwait so I have not been to the drag strip in quite some time but my wife took our cars there to race last weekend (2004 C5 vette and a 1989 GT Musang) and she said that about 5 or 6 mustang owners wanted to race her in the vette. When she offered to race them in the GT they said they didn't want to race the mustang...why do you think that is? when I'm there the only people I can get to race are in a 03-04 cobra or a vette themself.

I hate racing the STI and EVO myself. No matter how good of a launch you get you are always playing catch up.
Anything faster!
Old 10-24-2006, 04:10 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

if by fear you mean think you'll lose then I fear the ones working on their NHRA license
most of the time they're older cars with ful slicks, rollcage, one seat, ect
Old 10-24-2006, 04:49 AM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: petepete

i hate crx as funny as it sounds. Can never tell if its a rice or some 10 second guy
BINGO ...

how about a 12 second POS...

Click here to see Video
Old 10-24-2006, 06:21 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: doodad

ORIGINAL: BlackSpirit

LOL, I have a CRX that can beat my Mustang, and many others. Glad to see there is a bit of respect for these cars.

i hate crx as funny as it sounds. Can never tell if its a rice or some 10 second guy
i am sorry but i don't respect them.. call me d**k i dont care.. cuz i think they are ugly slow cars..i have owned uglier.. slower.. but i didnt try to race that thing.. i just drove it to work and home. no matter how many sec. crx are they, i would go put my money on a real car and get a respectable, fast and good looking car! like mustangs.. f-bodies.. ( you can make any car very fast.. just pick one and put some money in it)

Figures, that is what has come expect of lt1 owners

Att. Andrew
Old 10-24-2006, 06:30 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: androdz

ORIGINAL: doodad

ORIGINAL: BlackSpirit

LOL, I have a CRX that can beat my Mustang, and many others. Glad to see there is a bit of respect for these cars.

i am sorry but i don't respect them.. call me d**k i dont care.. cuz i think they are ugly slow cars..i have owned uglier.. slower.. but i didnt try to race that thing.. i just drove it to work and home. no matter how many sec. crx are they, i would go put my money on a real car and get a respectable, fast and good looking car! like mustangs.. f-bodies.. ( you can make any car very fast.. just pick one and put some money in it)

Figures, that is what has come expect of lt1 owners

Att. Andrew
do you relaize i also own the same car that you drive??
Old 10-24-2006, 08:49 AM
gothikka
1st Gear Member

Saying anything bad about the LT1 on a sport car forums would be like going into a gym talking bad about Arnold. When the LT1 came out it was the best american made engine and it stayed that way for about 5 years.....until the LS1.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:50 AM
zcat
2nd Gear Member

I agree with DOODAD that any car can be made fast, its just a matter of $$$$. That being said, There is more to owning a car that is just fast, how does it handle that speed, brakes ect - I like a complete package. I have seen Rice-Rockets that were fast & looked good, but I'd still rather have the Stang even if the CRX were incrementally faster, just because the Stang looks Bad *** even setting still and the sound is never a contest IMHO. A Fart Can is still a Fart Can, I don't care how big it is - LOL! Saying anything neg about the LT1 or comparing it to a Honda CRX is a joke. If someone had one of each setting there & said I could have the keys to either one, I'd have to ask "Are you kidding?"
Old 10-24-2006, 11:55 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

if some one has an LT1 why would they still have the CRX
Old 10-24-2006, 02:10 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

i recomend you guys go and race some LT1 s from a roll.. they will stay deadeven with you if not beat you!! well, at least my LT1 feels that way!! we are faster that LT1s but from a roll i think it is VERY close race.. ( i love my stang more cuz she is brand new )
Old 10-24-2006, 03:03 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Any car with a crappy paint job -- CRX or otherwise. It just screams "sleeper."

Quick Reply: What car do you fear at the strip?