Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horrible Car Crash!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 03:26 AM
lynwood78
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Horrible Car Crash!!!!!

300+ HP are not toys. Yet parents still buy kids these cars. No matter how well of a driver you are, accidents can happen especially when you're drunk. Since the boys where underaged I wonder if the parents get some charges too. [sm=smiley6.gif]
Old 10-24-2006, 03:41 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

if your under 21 and your parents paid for the car there are just some cars that should have a responsibility test
Old 10-24-2006, 04:00 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude

if your under 21 and your parents paid for the car there are just some cars that should have a responsibility test
Why 21? 18 is a legal adult.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:07 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

well let the gov decide
I said 21 because 21 is the drinking age and it is assumed that if you are responsible enough to legally drink you are responsible but 18 could work too
Old 10-24-2006, 06:17 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I hope no one else out here has to deal with the loss of someone from one of these terrible types of wrecks. Years ago I has a friend from work who had a cool 65 Mustang that he had tricked out like a GT350. He got wild on Sunset Blvd., crossed over into opposing traffic and got T-boned. He died on the spot.
But nothing prepared me for my brother's death in 2004 when he died in a motorcycle accident. You have no idea what it will be like but believe me, it is the worst thing in the world for someone to have to go through that. It may seem fun to get drunk and drive but you will be wrecking not just your car, but the lives of anyone who loved you.
Be Safe out there!
Old 10-24-2006, 11:54 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

I think we have a great group on this forum.....it is good to hear such sensible opinions.....its good to know how many people out there truly appreciate and respect the machines they are driving and building!!! [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 10-24-2006, 01:02 PM
grabberorange1
3rd Gear Member

This is tragic on both families, they all need to be prayed for. The boys were both participating in whatever it was they were doing that night, my cousin was the one who was driving when this similar incident happened to our family. The survivor will definately pay all his life, whether he gets jail time or not, he will live with the consequences of that night forever. In my cousins case, the accident drove him deeper into drugs and alcohol to relieve his pain and quilt of having his best friend killed in his car, which ultimately took his life last year. As you can see here in this post, most all the support goes to the victims family (understandable, that these accidents are a no-win situation), but the driver's family probably had no idea what the boys were up to. Yet, looked down at and forgotten because of the circumstances. As I said, pray for all involved and share this story with your kids...while the last pic is terrible to see, it just may be the one to hit home with your young drivers and make an impression for them to remember when they are street racing or DUI. Thanks for the post, it may save someone's life.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:10 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lynwood78

Since the boys where underaged I wonder if the parents get some charges too. [sm=smiley6.gif]
I bet they try the 17 year old as an adult, probably with vehicular manslaughter among other things.

Old 10-24-2006, 01:15 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: grabberorange1

This is tragic on both families, they all need to be prayed for. The boys were both participating in whatever it was they were doing that night, my cousin was the one who was driving when this similar incident happened to our family. The survivor will definately pay all his life, whether he gets jail time or not, he will live with the consequences of that night forever. In my cousins case, the accident drove him deeper into drugs and alcohol to relieve his pain and quilt of having his best friend killed in his car, which ultimately took his life last year. As you can see here in this post, most all the support goes to the victims family (understandable, that these accidents are a no-win situation), but the driver's family probably had no idea what the boys were up to. Yet, looked down at and forgotten because of the circumstances. As I said, pray for all involved and share this story with your kids...while the last pic is terrible to see, it just may be the one to hit home with your young drivers and make an impression for them to remember when they are street racing or DUI. Thanks for the post, it may save someone's life.

You are very right there....I think our anger sometimes prevents us from seeing the total picture.....it would me for sure....but after the dust settles and time passes the damage continues for the survivor and his family....
Old 10-24-2006, 01:19 PM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

You have no idea what it will be like but believe me, it is the worst thing in the world for someone to have to go through that. It may seem fun to get drunk and drive but you will be wrecking not just your car, but the lives of anyone who loved you.
Be Safe out there!
So true. My best friend that I've know for my entire life was killed at the beginning of this summer. I was there at the hospital with his family when he passed away. It is something I will never forget for the rest of my life. He was only 21. I think about every time I get in my car and I hope I never have to go through that again.

Quick Reply: Horrible Car Crash!!!!!