Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YEA IM WAVING AT YOU (poll)

Old 10-26-2006, 04:04 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

Default RE: YEA IM WAVING AT YOU (poll)

I've pulled up to tons of 05+ mustangs, and I'll like nod my head or something and they just looked confused or something..its kind of annoying.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:07 AM
RCT06GT
3rd Gear Member

I give a head nod and a little wave to other Mustang owners, I guess it is an Orange County thing eh Arwing? Because I also get bewildered looks from other drivers when I wave to them.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:39 AM
Simon G

Of course will I wave when I see another Mustang nut that dosn't happen very often here, but when it does they almost every time recalls te wave.. [8D]
Old 10-26-2006, 08:22 AM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

I will wave at all classic Mustangs or ones that you can tell someone that appreciates what they have by the condition that they keep it in other than that I will not because they just look at you if you came out of a mental institution. I've noticed that a lot of the the SN95 guys like to rev at you especially the Cobra guys I think they want you to know that their not just a average SN95 which is fine. I just give them I don't have nothing for them shrug. You gotta love them Cobra's and give them the respect they deserve they usually wave back .
Old 10-26-2006, 08:27 AM
Haze28
3rd Gear Member

I live in the Chicago area and I only get dirty looks when I wave at other mustang owners. I don't get it, I am a former Jeep Wrangler owner and EVERYONE that has a Wrangler in the area waves. I wonder why stang owners are so different....
Old 10-26-2006, 09:00 AM
saltzy
2nd Gear Member

Yep Haze28, here in central MA it's the same thing. I wave at other s197's from my red '06 convertible GT, but all I get is a stare in return. Thumbs up, head nod, wave, doesn't matter; I get nothing back from other Mustangs. Now from old jalopies at red lights, I get a beep and a "Hey! Nice car man" or from nice little old men at the post office, "That is one beautiful car, son."

Doesn't really surprise me I guess, New England isn't known for it's friendly people. That's why I love traveling to the south and west. Hell, in Houston people will actually initiate conversation in bars and restaurants! Being a native New Englander, that took me by surprise the first couple times, but I've come to love the friendliness of other regions of the US, and am embarrassed by the lack of it in the Northeast.

Of course, New Yorkers can still kiss my ***.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:44 AM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

I grew up in the "country" where everyone waved at one another and still do. Driving down the road and the pointer finger on top of the steering wheel just automatically goes up with every car you pass. This was a hard habit to break when I moved to the city. Waving is a friendly gesture and if anyone takes it wrong then that's their problem and not yours. I wish every one on this board would put the city and state they are from because this information quickly explains why some wave and some do not. The bigger the city the less likely you are to get a wave.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:03 AM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

The only waves I've gotten were from a Ford GT and a Classic Vette. Never from one of the million Stangs I see around here.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:16 AM
Larmo
4th Gear Member

Thumbs up sounds good to me. Lets start the trend !!
Old 10-26-2006, 12:00 PM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

Yup the wave was started by jeep owners and most jeep owners will wave back depending on part of the country. In city area's though you get alot of different type of people that drive wranglers and theyd ont all know about the wave yet.
ORIGINAL: Haze28

I live in the Chicago area and I only get dirty looks when I wave at other mustang owners. I don't get it, I am a former Jeep Wrangler owner and EVERYONE that has a Wrangler in the area waves. I wonder why stang owners are so different....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: YEA IM WAVING AT YOU (poll)