Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thinking of steping up a year.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 10:51 AM
40thgtfl
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: thinking of steping up a year.

i went and drove one yesterday. it didnt feel as strong as my car but i didnt get to flog it just a whole lot. the ride quality and fit and finish are night and day vs. my car. now i need to drive a goat. i think the gto is a good looking car myself. infact i liked it better than the sn197 until the last 2 months or so. the style finaly grew on me. now i just have to find the right one. the one i drove had some weird billet grill and a flow master after cat that sounded like poo for some reason. my car sounds way louder and way deeper, might be way i "thought" the 05 felt slower.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:44 AM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 40thgtfl

whats up guys, i have an 04 GT with several bolt ons now and i am thinking of steping up to the 05+. I just have a few questoins. first what kind of times can i expect stock? i have raced a bunch of them and i can hold off a stock one until 100 ever time. i consider myself a good driver and have no idea what kind of drivers i was up against. i am also thinking of a ls2 gto, how close in performance are we talking about here? i want to be a mid to low 12 second car in the end. thats all i am going for, what kind of mods are needed to achive this? and last, is there anything i should look for when picking out the new gt?

oh also, anyone know if my diablo sport will work on the new gt or do i have to get a new one?
me, i would probably get the GTO if you're looking for best bang for your buck performance and dont plan on modding it a lot. Even if you do, SLP makes a NASTY setup for GTOs
Old 10-31-2006, 01:49 PM
secondhandloser
2nd Gear Member

I like the goat, I enjoy driving a low-profile car, you don't get as many looks as you might in a stang, but it helps with cops and stuff...
plus, having more go than show is never a bad thing.

Also, the interior on the GTO is much nicer + six speed trannies are more fun.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:30 PM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

I personally think the new GTO is a disgrace to it's name.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:45 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Doc GTO

A tune, stall, and nittos would get you mid 12s in the A4 GTO easy. I got friends with a cam, stall, drag radials, and a tune running high 11s in the autos. I was running 11s for $1800 in my 04 M6 GTO. Doesn't take much. . .

Why is this guy in a Mustang forum?
Old 10-31-2006, 06:13 PM
Doc GTO
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sherwood06GT

ORIGINAL: Doc GTO

A tune, stall, and nittos would get you mid 12s in the A4 GTO easy. I got friends with a cam, stall, drag radials, and a tune running high 11s in the autos. I was running 11s for $1800 in my 04 M6 GTO. Doesn't take much. . .

Why is this guy in a Mustang forum?
A better question would be why is this guy a moderator for a Mustang forum (another one, not this one). . . Mustangs are cars and I like cars. I race cars, instruct racing, drag race, and, well, you get the point. As a matter of fact, I'm a member of 3 Mustang forums as well as a GTO forum. Is there a problem?
Old 10-31-2006, 06:15 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

Id get the GTO for sure. They are so sick. I saw this one with a whipple O M G it was a beast.

Oh...plenty of people here do not have a mustang. A lot of the more knowledgable members have GM cars.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:41 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...rts/index.html
Old 10-31-2006, 09:43 PM
Haze28
3rd Gear Member

If I were you, I would keep the car you have and put a blower on it plus a few other goodies. You have a nice car already and it would be a beast with a few "small" mods. But, if you decide to get a new car stick with the mustang, the GTO is made in Australia and looks like a Grand Prix on roids.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:00 PM
sandy
2nd Gear Member

ditto

Quick Reply: thinking of steping up a year.