Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RED OR PURPLE

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 03:06 PM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: RED OR PURPLE

ORIGINAL: StreamlineGT

Anybody run Amsoil?
I don't. Used to. Avid Redline fan.

However, I have a buddy, the fellow is BRILLIANT! I tell people he is like a 500GB Hard Drive with instant access. I think he remembers everything he reads and is able to process scads of info.

He's an Amsoil fan. If he didn't think it was the best oil he wouldn't use it.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:12 PM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: classj

Tufoil is one additive that I believe works. They have alot of solid documentation to prove it. As well as other info. The US army uses it as well I believe in some applications.

It also does wonders for manual transmissions. Smooth shifting, quiets gear noise, etc. I dont have it in the stang yet, but all my other cars use it.
FINALLY! Another Tufoil fan! I couldn't wait to get it and Redline into the GT. Just did my 15k change a week ago. My inventory of Tufoil was down to three ounces. I always add 8 ounces at each change. Got my new order in, added 4 ounces last night. (The 10% mix in the trans threw off my inventory leaving me with only three ounces, and I want to keep the new inventory at the "right" numbers for oil changes, hence on 7 ounces for this change)

You going to put it the trans? I couldn't figure how to get that stuff in there. Then decided to put the full serving into my container, and by the time I had poured and pumped all the Redline "D4" into the trans the Tufoil was all in there also.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:33 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Actually, I haven' decided if I am planning on using it in the mustang at all. I am a big fan of, "if it works, dont change it".

I probably will switch over to redline in the engine after it breaks in fully. Which is about 7K miles IMO. As far as the trans and diff. I really see no reason to change them over. The car shifts nice, axel works well. No problems.

Actually in transmissions and rear-axels. I still use whatever the factory calls for in all of them. And I add a little tufoil in the trans.

My favorite trans fluid at this point swepco. Stuff is actually performing better than red-line did in my porsche transmission. It doesent seem to thin out as much in hot weather.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:51 AM
DStang05
2nd Gear Member

Feel the differents with Royle Purple. I switch from Mobil 1.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:18 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Virgule

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147

It's funny, because whenever I ask the guys that into serious performance about the best oil........they all tend to disagree about what is the best. I haven't been convinced to go one way or another as of yet. Sticking to Mobil 1.........for now.
It's funny, because I get a kick out of dudes that always ask about the best oil, not with any intention of using the information, but only to waste our time.
That's why I never ask anyone what's the best oil anymore........because obviously there really isn't one.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

I see it as a trust issue which company do you trust more which has the best chemist
because sure they all say that their the best but they all improve over time as more chemistry is used and what was the best might not be anymore and most people don't have the recourses to compare all the oils in a strict scientific way to find the best at the moment

So just pick any synthetic oil and stick with it

I like RP I used to use Valvoline and it is great oil most mechanics will recommend Valvoline
But I find RP is worth it to me

if you like Lucas, Red line, AMsoil, or any of the other high performance oil I’m sure you will not have any problem
Old 10-29-2006, 01:18 PM
JOHNNY
2nd Gear Member

Used Mobil One for 30 years never let me down .