Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I see some lowered Stangs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 12:48 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Can I see some lovered Stangs?

ORIGINAL: 06GT4RAD

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

ORIGINAL: 06GT4RAD

Anyone done staggered and raked yet? Id love to see one thats been lowered with that wheel setup
Not sure what you mean by RAKED but i am running a staggered wheel and tire setup. 20x8.5 Front w/245/35 and 20x10 Rear w/285/30

Richard
Like.. 20x10 in the rear and 19x8.5 in the front... I have yet to see someone do that.. and sorry if raked isnt the right word, that just seemed to come to my mind.
Raked seems to be as good a word as any other. No need to apologize though. I just wasn't sure if you meant staggered like what i have. And i think as long as the overall tire height stays the same it should not be an issue.

Richard
Yeah I thought it was raked but wasnt sure, it just seems like it fits lol, but I guess its not since I did a Google search and came up with squat. Apparently Corvettes come setup like this now, with a larger diameter and wider tire in the rear and a smaller up front. I really think it makes the car look more.. drag/old school type and just looks better overall IMO.

Rev would you happen to have a link to a thread/picture of that guys car?
Old 11-02-2006, 02:11 AM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

You are correct bl1nkage. The term raked is used for having bigger wheels in the back and smaller ones in the front. I haven't seen any mustangs yet with this setup.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:23 AM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

Yeah I thought it was raked but wasnt sure, it just seems like it fits lol, but I guess its not since I did a Google search and came up with squat. Apparently Corvettes come setup like this now, with a larger diameter and wider tire in the rear and a smaller up front. I really think it makes the car look more.. drag/old school type and just looks better overall IMO.

Found it for ya;
http://www.bmcforums.com/showthread.php?t=22269
Old 11-02-2006, 03:28 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Revlefty

Found it for ya;
http://www.bmcforums.com/showthread.php?t=22269
Hey thanks alot, Ill take a look!

Hmm looks pretty good, doesnt have as much of a slant as I thought it would though.. I guess it would have more if you lowered the front of the car and not the rear..
Old 11-02-2006, 03:44 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Hey thanks alot, Ill take a look!
doesnt have as much of a slant as I thought it would though.. I guess it would have more if you lowered the front of the car and not the rear..
They used to do just that... actually lower the front by heating or cutting the springs but not necessarily different size wheels though. It got to the point that the front bumper was inches off the ground and the rear end towered a couple feet off the ground... looked rediculous. A few years earlier it was the back that was being lowered till it almost dragged on the ground with the nose way up in the air.

Can't say I care for the look at all. I like it lowered but nice and even front and rear and with some ground clearance so you don't scape the bottom off.