Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

350-375 RWHP

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 11:51 PM
SSP 07

Default 350-375 RWHP

I am new to this forum and am looking for advice to target 350-375 RWHP. Everything sounds great at the performance part web sites, then when I jump in to the forum for parts that I like there is bad talk about them. It is an 07 GT and I do drive the car every day. I would like to hear about it all from exhaust,boltons, flash tuning and all that fun stuff. I am trying to stay away from the heigh price superchargers and going into the engine. What I do have on the car now is the FR3 suspension and the M-5230 GTA mufflers. All advice is welcome.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:01 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Default RE: 350-375 RWHP

ORIGINAL: SSP 07

I am new to this forum and am looking for advice to target 350-375 RWHP. Everything sounds great at the performance part web sites, then when I jump in to the forum for parts that I like there is bad talk about them. It is an 07 GT and I do drive the car every day. I would like to hear about it all from exhaust,boltons, flash tuning and all that fun stuff. I am trying to stay away from the heigh price superchargers and going into the engine. What I do have on the car now is the FR3 suspension and the M-5230 GTA mufflers. All advice is welcome.
Welcome to the forums! You will learn a lot here!

Stock for a 5-speed: 265 RWHP
Stock for an Auto: ~250RWHP

Mods:
CAI+Tune: ~20 RWHP
UDP's(Under Drive Pulleys): 10 RWHP
T-Body (Throttle Body): 10 RWHP
X-Pipe No-Cats: 20 RWHP
Headers: ~20 RWHP
Comp Cam-Shafts: 40 RWHP Should get you to about 350+ RWHP.

Here is a great article on CAM-Shafts and details the other mods that were done. If you want a expert opinion, call Brent from Bresnspeed.com and he will happily explain everything.
http://www.brenspeed.com/tech/compcams.html
Old 10-29-2006, 12:50 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

+1 to KTowGT
ALSO cam will require lower gears also..
Old 10-29-2006, 12:51 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: doodad

+1 to KTowGT
ALSO cam will require lower gears also..
Oh, I didn't know that. I guess I gotta grab some 4.10's before I EVENTUALLY go for cams [8D]
Old 10-29-2006, 01:38 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KTownGT

Mods:
CAI+Tune: ~20 RWHP
UDP's(Under Drive Pulleys): 10 RWHP - 10 is possible but I would say more likely 7-8RWHP
T-Body (Throttle Body): 10 RWHP - Only way you could possibly get this from the TB is if you already had CAI & Exhaust from headers to mufflers done
X-Pipe No-Cats: 20 RWHP - You will not get 20RWHP from an X pipe with no cats and 20RWHP from LTs, you will probably get 30RWHP from both together, but remember you will need a CAI to see the most gains.
Headers: ~20 RWHP - See my Above Comments
Comp Cam-Shafts: 40 RWHP Should get you to about 350+ RWHP. - Now the cams are a diffrent story as they have just started installing/tuning them. I would go with 30RWHP as a base. Would get most from the Cam with a poweradder or head/valve work
Not listed here is the CMCV delete plates for $100 you get the ford ones and can get 8rwhp out of them, they require a tune but if you have a CAI then you will already need a tune.

A couple things you need to think about. If you just want to be able to say you have 350rwhp that is one thing, but if you want to be fast and put power to the ground then the money youu spend on some of these items can be better spent.

Throw out the TB and use that $300 to buy some Control arms, they will shave off time in the 60' and help with the wheel hop. The Cams are really an expensive install ontop of the $800 for the Cams. Take the lets say $1800 you would spend on the cams. Get a tubular K member and A arms, which wil shave 30lbs off your front end, and cost you around $700. Then spend the other $1100 on a coilover setup (shocks/struts and springs).

You must also remember that to really get the most out of the car when you have tons of mods is to have it dyno tuned or to really get the most would be to tune it on the dyno and then track tune it, to get the most out of real world loads.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:00 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

What exactly is the deal with the CMCV plates? What the hell do they do that produces additional HP?
Old 10-29-2006, 02:12 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

The stock plates have valves that open and close inside them. Ford did this so that they could increase the MPG alittle and decrease emissions.
The issue is that they are an obstruction to the airflow at high RPM, so by replaceing them with units that don't have the valves you increase airflow, which increases HP.

Steeda sells billet ones for around $300, but ford racing released Cast ones that are about $100. You have to have a tune with the plates or you will get a CEL.

The plates are also a great place to do Direct port Injection with nitrous, and not only do you get the coolest air charge from the Direct port, you also don't have the fuel throughout the intake plenum so much less chance (basicaly zero chance) of fuel puddling.

For 300 I would pass unless I was going with direct port, as you can get the steeda ones CNC tapped and threaded. But for $100 its worth it if you already are having a tune done for the car. And don't forget that they will help add more HP as you increase the airflow thru the engine. So as you add a CAI and full exhaust its going to net more gains since there will be less restriction allowing the new mods to breath even easier. Then if you add cams and heads it really would be a must have mod.

Old 10-29-2006, 10:25 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Is it not possible to remove the plates from the stock piece and save $100?
Old 10-29-2006, 10:44 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

not worth the time and effort that would be required, IMHO.. after you gutted them out you would need to fill in the holes and the sand/prep them.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:31 PM
SSP 07

There is a lot of good advice and technical info to back it up. Has anyone had experience with the Granatelli Motoblue coil packs and I see big advertisements on TB spacers? As far as brakes have you seen the products from SSBC?

http://www.stainlesssteelbrakes.com/

Quick Reply: 350-375 RWHP