Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bully Dog is making a twin turbo for the Stang

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 01:34 AM
DStang05
2nd Gear Member

Default Bully Dog is making a twin turbo for the Stang

I was watching Horsepower TV today and saw a twin turbo after axle cat kit. What a trip and it's made by Bully Dog. Those are the truck guys. Its comes with a plug in scanner/tuner screen that sits on the dash. Looked kinda neat. Cant remember the horsepower it made. Their are two cone shape air filter under the car as part of the exhaust.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:58 AM
frdfrst
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Bully Dog is making a twin turbo for the Stang

it looks like a great setup,but you better live here in az. where we get very little rain
Old 10-29-2006, 10:09 AM
Grabbn 07
1st Gear Member

Sigh* who started this rummor that rain affects remote mounted turbos?

RAIN DOSE NOT AFFECT REMOTEMOUNTED TUBOS

however here are more efective systems out there fo theprice, but nothing comes close to the evil sound you hear from remote mounting

our engine bay has roomfor more, remotemounting was made for engine-bays withlittle to no room, like the viper or vette.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:23 AM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

I wonder what the price is going to be...
Old 10-29-2006, 11:27 AM
StreamlineGT

ORIGINAL: Grabbn 07

RAIN DOSE NOT AFFECT REMOTEMOUNTED TUBOS
I'll tell you what, hit a f-in puddle and see how much water that turbo sucks up and more than likely ruins it
Old 10-29-2006, 12:17 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Grabbn 07

RAIN DOSE NOT AFFECT REMOTEMOUNTED TURBOS
Yea some of the best turbo systems are remote mounts, they leave room in the engine bay to work , they do not run as hot, they require less work to install. And consider this Lingenfelter who is very well known for making some of the best turbocharged vettes has been mounting the turbos below the car for over 10 years now.

As far as sucking up water through the filter by hitting a puddle, your not going to get that much in fact if you were smart enough to run a shield. You would need to almost completely submerge the filter to have an effect. I have driven a few cars with a STS system on it and one was a daily driver that yes got driven in the rain, he has had the kit on his car for almost 2 years now and guess what, no problems at all.

I am really tired of people running this rummor.

I am watching the show now and can say I am kinda happy cause it means that ZEX equipt I should get tomorrow in the mail will be fairly simple to install, but I am still waiting to see this turbo kit. Yesterday after seeing this on another forum I sent Bully Dog an email asking for information so I wonder what they will respond with come next week.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:41 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattblasi

I am watching the show now and can say I am kinda happy cause it means that ZEX equipt I should get tomorrow in the mail will be fairly simple to install, but I am still waiting to see this turbo kit. Yesterday after seeing this on another forum I sent Bully Dog an email asking for information so I wonder what they will respond with come next week.
I'm watching too and haven't seen the turbos. I don't think a remote mounted turbo system would work for me since I drive 1/4 mile down a dirt road. any filter mounted under the car would quickly be full of dirt.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:20 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

I'm watching too and haven't seen the turbos. I don't think a remote mounted turbo system would work for me since I drive 1/4 mile down a dirt road. any filter mounted under the car would quickly be full of dirt.
Actually there are a few options for you to do a remote mount because there are diffrent types of filter coveres which work like socks over the filter to keep large dirt and dust from getting into the filter.

Another reason I like remote mounts is because on many V8 motors if you build the motor it is going to be loud already so often it is hard to notice the sound of the turbos, and when you lift the hood nobody sees them.

I havent seen the turbo yet either, I am hoping it is coming up soon.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:21 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

its near the end of the ep
Old 10-29-2006, 01:32 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

Bout time it finally came on. 343 @ 4psi isn't bad. I'm kinda interested in the 2 hour install time, I like the STS placement of the turbos better though. With a shiled it would not be a bad set up for my car since its not a daily driver, but for a daily driven car I would probably go with STS if you want remote mount and if you don't care probably go with POerhouse or Hellion, I still don't know much about the GMS kit.

Quick Reply: Bully Dog is making a twin turbo for the Stang