Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have the new 91 octane tune and everything appears great and then going up an upgrade ramp to the

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 09:56 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Have the new 91 octane tune and everything appears great and then going up an upgrade ramp to th

ORIGINAL: 06GT4RAD

Does this mean you fixed it?

Richard
Not sure but Im wondering how he thinks hes going to get anyone to pay attention to engine ping while posting that picture at the bottom of every post
Old 10-30-2006, 10:06 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Have the new 91 octane tune and everything appears great and then going up an upgrade ramp to th

Not sure but Im wondering how he thinks hes going to get anyone to pay attention to engine ping while posting that picture at the bottom of every post
Oh, PING....I thought it said SHWING!!!
Old 10-30-2006, 10:17 PM
Daniel06GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Lol +1 on that one

-DG
Old 10-30-2006, 11:31 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

here's one of my favorites of her.

[IMG]local://upfiles/11318/EE395F50E83740CABE87FDC037A5ACC6.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-31-2006, 02:32 AM
Sick Six
2nd Gear Member

[sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif]

I think that should speak for everyone that sees that......
Old 10-31-2006, 02:40 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

[sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=devilangel.gif]
how about this
Old 10-31-2006, 12:02 PM
mail906
2nd Gear Member

Back on topic:

1. I am seriously considering the Breenspeed tune - is pinging a problem? From what I've read, I thought the Breenspeed tunes were foolproof?

2. If you have both a 93 octane tune and a 91 octane tune - why would you switch back-and-forth? I can't believe the gas savings would justify the effort.

3. Is there anyone out there who has had both the Bama chips tune and the Breenspeed tune - and who could discuss their experiences.

Thanks.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:09 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Have the new 91 octane tune and everything appears great and then going up an upgrade ramp to the

Dude could you enlighten me more on this? I have had pinging before and rectified the problem and sometimes I'm thinking maybe some of these noises are something else. Could you give more idea about this heat shield? Please.
ORIGINAL: 05 Ricky

You sure your not hearing something else, I thought my car was pinging and it turned out to be my heat shields above the cats/exhaust.

[IMG]local://upfiles/11318/65BB8671C0AC4EA99AF7727F354B07D5.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-31-2006, 09:24 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Have the new 91 octane tune and everything appears great and then going up an upgrade ramp to the

If I could hijack this thread, would removing the heat shields cause real problems? There are quite a few under the car and it would reduce weight, plus reduce noise from vibration.

ORIGINAL: 05 Ricky

You sure your not hearing something else, I thought my car was pinging and it turned out to be my heat shields above the cats/exhaust.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:37 PM
BradInFl
2nd Gear Member

it worked, pictures caught my attention. In response to mail906 none of the internet tuneres tunes should ping they are all good! I don;t think it would be a good idea removing the heat shields it may cause more hear inside the car or damage other parts that are under the car.

Quick Reply: Have the new 91 octane tune and everything appears great and then going up an upgrade ramp to the