Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's On Your X-Mas List?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 05:18 PM
praztek
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: What's On Your X-Mas List?

That Helps..............Thanks!

Old 11-03-2006, 10:36 PM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: petepete

im buying myself americanracing shelby razors for christmas

I just bought some of them too, but I have to wait 5 months to put them on when I take the car out of storage.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:18 AM
Bulitt
2nd Gear Member

WHIPPLE , WHIPPLE , WHIPPLE , WHIPPLE [8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]
Old 11-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I'll just call this my wishlist, as it's something I'll never acquire for a long time... or never unless most of it gets custom made. This will all be cosmetic mods on the wish list, as they are a bit harder to come by then the performance mods.

GT500 Front Fascia
Steeda Cowl Race Hood
Ducktail.
69 Styled Quarter panels.
Letters & Numbers
Paint
Bullits

I see many different things, and it allows me to create my own vision of what I would want. Saleen, Roush, all have ugly looking cars. This is just my opinion, and others may not like it. Saleen's Parnelli Jone's Mustang is the only good looking Mustang they have... and even that isn't all that nice looking. Cervini? I've seen parts of the Cervini kit installed, and iether the prep/paint/installation was bad... or they just suck... I'll give them the benefit of doubt though.

Anyway, here is my visit for the above.

GT500 Front Fascia. I love the front fascia. The Concept for the S197 had slanted pillars which gives it a look that is uncommon... and I'm all about wanting to be unique. Unlike the concept version, the GT500 improved upon it with a larger grille... I'd want to have the fog lamps in the grille, like the Standard GT. Simply because it is a GT, and not a GT 500... and I just love having the fog lamps in the grille. Of course doing this means I would need the lower fog lamps removed... don't want 8,000 lights. So either a wire mesh would be put into place or the holes would need to be filled. Edit: I forgot to mention the GT500 splitter would need to be removed... In place of something along the lines of a B2 styled chin spoiler from Cervini. Reminds me of the Boss 429.

Steeda Cowl Race Hood. It's the only hood that has really caught my eye, and it's functional & lighter. Though it's designed to fit the GT/Pony. Which means it would need to be altered to follow the lines of the grille like the GT 500 front fascia, to further compliment it.

Ducktail. Another custom fabrication. It would need to be aluminum for light weight, but still be metal for reasons I'll explain shortly. Most likely a new trunk would need to be fabricated as well, since I don't want to incorporate the 3rd brake light. Not exactly sure which design of ducktail I would go with. Nothing extremely tall, but just something that compliments the vehicle's fine rear end. The reason for it being aluminum is so that it can be welded in so there are no seams... and it would be three pieces. The larger piece, on the trunk, and the two smaller pieces welded onto the quarter panels.

69 Styled Quarter panels. Kenny Brown has a Concept 69 body style, that has been shown on the site a couple of times. It turns out bland, straight lines, into the more aggressive and muscle car look of the 69 Mustang. Which is the favorite year among many fans of the car. Removing the ugly quarter window, and replacing it with a 'vent' like window that continues behind the regular door windows.

Numbers and Letters. This has been something I've wanted for quite some time, but could never find a place that makes what I want, for an affordable price.. Plus I'm not sure on the sizing/font I would want. Some of you may know the concept GT 500 had "Shelby" spaced out across the rear instead of squished in one corner. This reminded me again, of the old Mustangs and how "Mustang" was spaced out on the rear decklid. Instead of Mustang, it would say "Menace", again.. unique and not common. The numbers mentioned under the title would be 322. 322 is in Cubic inches, and that's how much I would want to bore the engine out. Supercharging is not in my blood, all motor... Just my preference. They would be placed where our GT badge is. Boss 302 & 429 style. Gets the job done with the right amount of styling cues, without over doing it...

Paint. Again, taking it from the 60s... Bringing back the "Black Jade" The whole car would need to be sanded down and repainted to perfection. This is still something I still want to do, as well as the things listed above. Which is why my car remains stock looking until everything I've explained happens or doesn't happen. Would it be worth it to have all of this custom made? In a sense... It would be worth it only to have what I WANT, but it wouldn't be worth the pricetag it would cost to have all this made... Then again, if all of these parts are mass-produced then everyone would have them and I wouldn't exactly be 'unique' ... but I'd sure have what I wanted. Of course that might mean that someone liked my ideas and put them into action.. I just want some of that profit.

Bullitts. I'm not sure if these were styled after the good ole Magnum 500s, but they sure look nice and would complete the look of the car.

All of this seems possible, minus the quarter panels/ducktail. Those will most likely need to be custom fabricated but not out of reach... well, I'd just have to win the lottery first.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:31 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

LSD, so I can rubberize both rear fenders!
Old 11-04-2006, 02:37 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

nice
Old 11-04-2006, 05:12 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

i want to somehow make a compact one of these to go in my glove compartment.
http://www.initialhygiene.co.uk/prod...dispenser.shtm

the ***** on wheels says, "safety first!"
Old 11-04-2006, 07:25 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

turbo
Old 11-04-2006, 07:58 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

SCT 2 from Brenspeed
Old 11-04-2006, 07:59 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

i want to somehow make a compact one of these to go in my glove compartment.
http://www.initialhygiene.co.uk/prod...dispenser.shtm

the ***** on wheels says, "safety first!"
is your car trying to reproduce

Quick Reply: What's On Your X-Mas List?