Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which is the better spring brand?

Old 11-08-2006, 12:24 AM
tpafire5
1st Gear Member

Default which is the better spring brand?

I'm looking for the best ones for a daily driver. I also plan on getting the D-spec. I wish to know which will go best with that.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:25 AM
natuning

Default RE: which is the better spring brand?

Go with Eiback Pro Kit. You can't go wrong!
http://www.northamericantuning.com/m...ch_springs.htm
Old 11-08-2006, 02:16 AM
viza
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: natuning

Go with Eiback Pro Kit. You can't go wrong!
http://www.northamericantuning.com/m...ch_springs.htm
Ok, I am planning on upgrading my suspension. You are a dealer so you probably know this stuff.

What else do you need to do to make your mustang handle better, get rid of wheel hop etc?

When I drive on a bumpy highway (like wicked expansion joints) it feels like my car slides sideways a bit and I lose control for a brief second. It's really bad in turns. It gets all jellowy. I used to have drive a bmw and it didn't do that. It would slide sideways a little but it never shimmied and I always felt like I was in complete control.

I know springs are part of it, but if you got a kit like this, what else do you need to do? Are there other parts you need to go along with lowered springs? (steering parts etc.?)

I'm thinking strut tower braces to stiffen things up, but what else should I get? On smooth road the car handles awesome, corners great etc. It actually feels as good as a beamer if the road is smooth. It's just when bumps get involved it gets squirrely.

What should I do to solve this issue? I don't have power adders or anything like that yet and my car is completely unmodified. Hook me up man!

-Viz
Old 11-08-2006, 02:41 AM
superiormirage
2nd Gear Member

Just my $.2 Viza, but this is my planned suspension upgrade path:

1) CHE K-member brace with engine torque limiters. (On order)

Reason: There is a GREAT thread that Riven started about the benefits of this setup.
https://mustangforums.com/m_1832846/tm.htm
If I understand the physics properly, it prevents your engine/transmission from "torquing over" at high RPMs, which can cause you to miss shifts and contributes to the lurching motion of the car when you change gears.

This doesn't affect the handling of the car so much, just the overall smoothness of the ride.

2) Eibach springs with the Tokico D-spec adjustable shocks.

Reason: F1fan likes these two parts almost as much as curing cancer and eliminating world hunger.
https://mustangforums.com/m_934501/tm.htm
He really seems to know what he's talking about with these parts. The benefits are fairly obvious: lowering the center of gravity causes with increase stability.

3) BMR adjustable lower control arms

Reason: after lowering the car, these help keep things lined up, help in corners, and help eliminate wheel- hop.

https://mustangforums.com/m_2184423/tm.htm

Look up Crazyal's posts for good suspension information as well. He's one of the other goto guy here in the forums.

Actually, check out that last link for the rest of the goodies. Al does a great job of detailing what is needed for a good suspension setup.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:12 AM
tpafire5
1st Gear Member

how different are the eibach pro kit and the prolines? i need some help with this.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:29 PM
Fourth Horseman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tpafire5

how different are the eibach pro kit and the prolines? i need some help with this.
Do you mean the difference between the Pro Kit and Sportline? The Pro Kit will provide about 1.4" - 1.5" of lowering, while the Sporlines are about 1.7" - 2.3" (according to their homepage.)
Old 11-08-2006, 07:58 PM
Ruffnuts
2nd Gear Member

If you want pure performance go with Steeda, Hands down the industry best. if you want comfort eibach is decent enough.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:05 PM
derambe

Steeda Ultralites for a great ride, D-specs work well with anything, that's why they are so good!