Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old Fart Syndrome, Anyone Else

Old 11-11-2006, 03:55 PM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Old Fart Syndrome, Anyone Else

I am 61 and have always owned fast cars so I don’t consider the Stang any late life crisis, just having fun.

Earl
Old 11-11-2006, 04:08 PM
MetalMech
1st Gear Member

First off, Happy Birthday!

And I say that ALL THE TIME when I am driving down the interstate. I see quite a few older gentlemen driving Mustangs. I always tip my hat to them, and hope that when I get to be your age, I still have the passion and desire for cars that I do now.

Your an inspiration to us younger drivers!
I agree! Being a woman and seeing women older than myself driving Mustangs and Corvette's is an inspiration! I hope I feel that young when I get to their age. It's not a mid life crisis - it's having fun at any age. You are only as old as you feel - and in a Mustang you feel like you are 21!!

Have Fun!!

Old 11-11-2006, 04:21 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I am 49.80 and I have always loved to have to Mustang GT and now I have 2 of them. One for me and one for the wife. This is the first time in my life that I am able to do anything like this to a car. I have always loved fast cars like the 69 Mach 1, 68 Camaro RS (my uncle used to own one), 69 Chevelle SS, 70 Nova SS, 70 Torino GT etc. I guess I am showing my age now. I see alot of older people (men and women) driving around in these Mustang GT's. Ford has done it right this time to appeal to so many people in all age groups. This is one car that I truely love to drive and can never wait to drive it. Alot of us make up excuses to go somewhere just to drive it. Thanks to Ford for making so many people to feel proud about the American dream come alive again.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:23 PM
05Retro
3rd Gear Member

First off, Thanks for the Birthday Wishes. I have owned these types of cars since I started driving. My first new car was a 69 Chevelle SS 396-375hp car. I've owned Camaros, Corvettes, Chevelles, Novas, and 3 recent Mustangs. If it wasn' t a daily driver it was a toy for the weekend. If your a true gearhead it will never leave your blood. This is a photo of my last 69 Camaro which was my toy for 15 years (Sold it about 4 years ago). Also for 07AlloyGT I do like the car to go sideways still. Thanks again all and keep your stories coming.
ORIGINAL: superiormirage

I think it's time for one of us "young, whipper-snappers" to chime in here.

First off, Happy Birthday!

And I say that ALL THE TIME when I am driving down the interstate. I see quite a few older gentlemen driving Mustangs. I always tip my hat to them, and hope that when I get to be your age, I still have the passion and desire for cars that I do now.

Your an inspiration to us younger drivers!

[IMG]local://upfiles/13839/AEC8C493F37F4026BE7CB6418E4F352E.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-11-2006, 05:01 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

51 here, and I adore my mid-life crisis car.....Always cracks me up when the guys that I manage at work, all of whom are at least half my age, check every Monday to see what mods got done over the weekend..... Hey, what else do I have to spend that annual bonus on??LOL.....

Mike
Old 11-11-2006, 05:22 PM
JimC

53 here, and I greatly enjoy my Mustang -- which the neighbor refers to as my new "mid life crisis" car (had a 1999 TransAm convertible until 2003).
Just yesterday I was filling up and the guy in line behind me commented "why does it seem like every time I see a Mustang it's an older guy driving it". Guess it's because I can afford the insurance and I don't need the big car to carry the kids and groceries around in anymore!
Old 11-11-2006, 05:44 PM
mustang86cars
2nd Gear Member

Wow, this is to funny!! I was just telling my wife that it seems that alot of the MF members were so young! Anyway, Happy B-day.

By the way, I'm a young 42

[IMG]local://upfiles/5414/9AB9D7A5DCEC4FFB961DDD7EF1F9E798.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-11-2006, 06:48 PM
VWILLO
2nd Gear Member

Went out in my 05 F-150 one day and came home in my 06 GT crisis. Three kids and 5 grand kids, only crisis I had was it taking 30 years of doing without to get here.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:09 PM
olbob

Looks like I have you all beat. I am 75 and have three Mustangs, two convertibles and a coupe.
I remember going to see the 64 1/2 when it was introduced at the local dealership. I love Mustangs and will continue in the Hobby as long as I can.. MUSTANG POWER....
Bob in Maine
Old 11-11-2006, 09:15 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Happy Birthday and I'm sorry to say that if your
over 16 (as I am) you are an old fart!
-
At least we are 16 again, whenever we punch the gas
pedal to the floor when going around corners, just
to feel the back end slide around.....

Search this Thread