Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

warranty work done! NO PROBLEMS

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 07:06 PM
tpafire5
1st Gear Member

Default warranty work done! NO PROBLEMS

Dropped the car off thursday night and picked it up at 2 on saturday. They fixed my dash rattle, auto shifter bezel/boot vibration, and changed out the clutch packs per tsb. We will see how well they did. After initially being pissed at the service reps for treating my girl bad, I am extremely happy with the service techs. He road with me for like a half hour till i could duplicate the rattle, and he took my word on the shifter. Because of course the car didn't make the noises like it usually does. Hope you all have the same luck.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:08 PM
SlinkyBMX
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: warranty work done! NO PROBLEMS

I need to ask my dealer about dash noises and other little squeeks. They are very annoying! Glad to hear you had a good experiance with your dealer.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:08 PM
tpafire5
1st Gear Member

thanks
Old 11-12-2006, 12:00 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Whenever you can...asked them how they fixed the dash rattle...that one intrigues me...
Old 11-12-2006, 12:20 AM
05 Ricky
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TPony

Whenever you can...asked them how they fixed the dash rattle...that one intrigues me...
They fixed mine by adding double sided sticky tape under the dash cover and the a-pillar's. Yea they used tape but at least the rattles went away. I also made a trip to home depot and bought some auto/marine weather stripping(foamy/lightly rubber kind with a sticky back side) and pushed it between the windshield and the worked it under the dash with my fingers as far as I could push it and my car is now 99.9% rattle free. I have a few rattles here and there but atleast they aren't from the dash any more.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:30 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i remember the original post and thanks for
the follow up..glad everything went well
Old 11-12-2006, 12:44 AM
tpafire5
1st Gear Member

the work order said the put insulation it the dash.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:54 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Congrats!
I am getting a rattle between the A-pillar & the dash. Tried shoving a thick rubber gasket down there but it just slipped through!
I guess it means taking the car back, again!
Did anything happen to cause any of your rattles? Mine started after the body shop painted the entire rear quarter panel, which runs all the way up over the door and down the A-pillar. So they removed the inside plastic lining and I guess they had a 16 year old illegal alien put it back together! When I went to pick it up I had to point out that the area in the rear under the window wasn't even attached! And then the rattle started. Also I just found out that they screwed up my driver's side rear coat hanger too! It won't hold a jacket and just spins around. Did the idiots leave off a nut from the other side?
Old 11-16-2006, 12:29 AM
Hiboost
2nd Gear Member

Hate to one up you, but

The dealership called me the other day. They had my car for the Fuel pump TSB, leaking Valve cover, and the leaking Brake Resorvoir Cap. They called me and asked if they could have the car for a couple of weeks because they were going to have to remove the master cylinder,etc. I said No problem. Fair Oaks, Napierville, IL has to be the best dealership I have ever dealt with period. I even grew up in dealerships, my dad was a Master Tech, and have never been treated this good.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:37 AM
grabberorange1
3rd Gear Member

a couple of weeks to replace the master cylinder?[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Quick Reply: warranty work done! NO PROBLEMS