Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a very sad day, my baby was hit

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 01:33 PM
me2003

Default a very sad day, my baby was hit

Today is a ****ty day for me
Well my girlfriend she drives a little toyota gets rear-ended at a red light on her way too work by some hillbilly in a F150 that doesnt understand too drive slow when its icy as hell, anyways her car is completely written off. So she calls me and i pick her up and then i drive her too the impound lot where the car is too get her belongings. Well im parked on the side of the road, waiting for her to return to her car when the tow truck driver desides he wants my parking spot and desides not to check his mirrors or look behind him before backing up , i start honking at him when i see he coming towards me and then a few seconds later wham and my hood on my 2005 mustang is dented and scratched to hell. I then get out of my car and yell and curse at him and then the tow truck drivers boss who seen the entire thing starts yelling at him too. The boss of the tow truck company then tells me to go to where ever to get the car fixed and they will pay the bill. Its going to cost them 2200.00 cdn to have a new hood installed and painted and then the clearcloat has to be blended in with the other paint. The good part is its getting fixed and all but i got to wait till Dec 11 till the body shop has an opening.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:34 PM
silvermaster92
Banned

Default RE: a very sad day, my babv was hit

i smypathise. why didnt you jump in the tow truck and ram it into a building?
Old 11-14-2006, 02:04 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

That sounds like the time i was hit. This idiot woman in front of me in a crowded parking lot started to back up her POS SUV and didn't look back at all! She was going really slow but never stopped and hit my bumper! I assumed she saw me, but that was my only mistake.
Now I know better! If ANYONE starts backing up I HONK to let them know I'm there, especially when I see that they aren't turning around to look, as they are supposed to. When you see someone backing up using their mirrors- honk, yell, or scream at them!
Just saw how hundreds of Americans are being killed each year by all the ******** in SUVs backing up and running over them!
Hope your hood had at least one chip or something, so getting a new one will make the car look better...
Old 11-14-2006, 02:38 PM
KCsGT

Sorry to hear about your baby. I feel for you.

I've had my GT for only a couple of months now and sometimes I get paranoid with all the crazy SoCal dirvers out here. I've almost been rear ended twice. I keep my eye on my rear view mirror constantly - well not constantly, but a lot

Just a few days ago I'm heading home from work, stuck in stop-n-go traffic. I have my eye on this chick in back of me and she leans over to get something on the passenger side just as I start to slow down, she's not looking - oh crap!. I blasted my horn, and even though she's in back of me she must have heard it because she was able to stop in time....whew!!!

-Ken
Old 11-14-2006, 02:48 PM
skinjob
1st Gear Member

Default RE: a very sad day, my baby was hit

I feel for you. My Stang is still in the shop after getting rear-ended by a guy with a suspended licence and no insurance and it's all of two months old. I would suggest that every time you are in an accident you call the cops. Although I guess it's not likely with the tow truck they can always call the cops after you leave and turn it around and blame you for a hit and run. If they end up being a pain in the *** about having it repaired your insurance company won't be happy with you either.

-J
Old 11-14-2006, 02:56 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

It's amazing how many people don't look back when backing up and it's an automatic failure on a driving test. All the more reason to have periodic tests instead of just giving away a drivers license like they do now. There should also be a cutoff age. My great aunt is pushing 80 and she's still driving, scary!
Old 11-14-2006, 03:44 PM
Mach
3rd Gear Member

Its ridiculous over here in AZ in the winter because all the old folks come down an they are terrible drivers, had many close calls myself. SOrry to hear that but at least its all getting fixed
Old 11-14-2006, 06:00 PM
tncruiser
3rd Gear Member

dear me2003 sorry bout yall gettin yur gfrends car het but i is sur it wernt no hillbilly
we stay out of kanadaa beside 2299cdn aint bad wat is that about $12 US

a tennessee redneck who was cdn by birth "merican" by CHOICE
Old 11-14-2006, 06:32 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

Hey, since you have to get a new hood anyway, why go stock again??? Since they are going to be paying for the labor and the stock hood the difference of an aftermarket hood will not be that much. You should tell them to cut the check to you and you can order a hood like the California Dream hood (my personal favorite).

I got hit in my front bumper a couple of weeks ago and instead of going stock, I got a Roush Front fascia and am only gonna have to pay about a $200 difference since the other guys insurance will cover the rest. Just food for thought...
Old 11-14-2006, 06:37 PM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

i feel for you man if anybody hit my car id be pissed

Quick Reply: a very sad day, my baby was hit