Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Look at what some a$$hole did to my car

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 07:03 PM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Look at what some a$$hole did to my car

i work at a bank inside a grocery store, i park in the last spot across 2 spaces so knowone can park next to my car and door it, and i put a wheellock in it so nobody can steal my car. oh btw you usually cant get a ticket for parkign across 2 spaces in a grocery store becasue its a private lot just some advice for ya
Old 11-15-2006, 07:08 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Maraman

i work at a bank inside a grocery store, i park in the last spot across 2 spaces so knowone can park next to my car and door it, and i put a wheellock in it so nobody can steal my car. oh btw you usually cant get a ticket for parkign across 2 spaces in a grocery store becasue its a private lot just some advice for ya
yea but parking across two spaces is an invitation to get your car keyed. I know I've been tempted (never did it though) when some a-hole is parking his Toyota Camry across two spaces in a crowded parking lot 'cause he thinks he's driving a fine ride. Not a good idea; some people aren't quite as disciplined as others.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:13 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Sorry about that; makes ya mad I know. I might suggest that you not attempt to do anything to remove the dents until you have "Paintless Dent Removal" look at it. By doing something yourself you might prevent them from doing what could be a flawless repair.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:20 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

I had a close call taking two spaces.....I had a brand new pretty black short bed pick up...I took up two spaces and came out to find a note on my windshield that said "You think you're smart by taking two spaces but you better think twice because I (the person who wrote the note) did that once and got my car keyed"!! I couldnt believe it and I was glad that person chose not to do the same to me!!! That was also in a much smaller parking lot, nothing like the massive Walmart parking lot. So I do know how people react to that!
Old 11-15-2006, 07:43 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

I think ones parking behavior when one has a nice car determines what the public reaction will be to it: If you take up two spaces, you're a ***** for doing so. Might as well put a huge sign on your car saying "key me." A less obnoxious thing to do is park in the north 40, away from everyone else, but your still being obnoxious to some. Nine times out of ten, you will have someone park next to you. No one knows why - it just happens. Think it's bad with a new 'Stang, try it with an older musclecar...

Remember, you are driving a car that is nicer than 95% of all the other cars out there. That makes you a target anyway. The perceived slight of taking up two spaces or parking away from everyone else implies that you are "better" than everyone else, and that by itself is all a lot of people need to dent your ride, or worse. Keep in mind, the people who dent and key cars have been yelled at by their boss all day, pissed on by the world, can't pay their rent, have five screaming brats, a high maintenance wife from hell, etc., and their one solace at getting back at all life has dished out to them is to screw up something nice that someone else has. They feel better by making someone else miserable, and taking them down a notch. Psychology 201.

So, the solution is, don't take up two spaces. Don't park way off in the sticks. Park 4 spaces away from everyone else instead of 40. You are a target anyway - why give anyone a reason?
Old 11-15-2006, 08:04 PM
DStang05
2nd Gear Member

Sorry about the dent. I had someone do the same thing on my car. Some people just don't give a sh*t.[:@]
Old 11-15-2006, 08:19 PM
callahan
3rd Gear Member

Try paintless dent removal first. Sorry for the damage.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:23 PM
wishIhada5.0
2nd Gear Member

I drive a '95 buick regal GS ( shes no stang [IMG][/IMG]) but hate people that park right on top of me 2, so i jus park out in the "North 40". When i do see a stang or sumthing nice way out there i park next to it ( with more than enough room for him 2 swing his door wide open) I figure I know I have enough respect NOT to hit someone elses car so I protect the one side of it for the guy from a$$holes that dont have respect. That and by parking next to it i dont have to walk as far to check it out lol Jus my 2 cents!
Old 11-16-2006, 12:09 AM
rerun
1st Gear Member

Had some mother fu[:@]ker in a dropped chevy crunch the bottom of my front fender with his tow hitch just the other day. I'm still pissed, although I think a CDC chin spoiler will cover it up--but, still.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:34 AM
MalibuJerry350
1st Gear Member

Extreme jealousy is, I believe, the reason for this type of behavior. After I repainted the Chevelle and replaced all of the emblems and chrome with new or reproductions, at great expense, I had some asshat park next to me (even though I was out in "no man's land") and fling his/her door so hard that they actually broke the Chevelle emblem on the front fender! Seems the more careful you are, the worse it gets. Most of us have had this happen one time or another so we know how you feel. [:@]

Quick Reply: Look at what some a$$hole did to my car