Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RE TITLED...wasted $$ on vinyl is harsh, just not what I wanted

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 06:28 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: wasted money on vinyl

Go to a custom motorcycle shop they could point you in the direction of good paint/vinyl shops. And 1k for a job they already screwed you on vinyl is way 2 much imo. Find somewhere else.

Att. Andrew
Old 11-19-2006, 11:02 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

androdz, I think you may have missed what I stated....the vinyl look is not their fault...their install was awesome...The forum sponsor who I bought the kit from was awesome as well. the vinyl itself albeit was a little thinner in density than I expected, was dead on what they said it would be....It is MY OWN personal preference that does not LIKE the way the seams are coming together in the 3 pieces around the spoiler and rear trunk lid. In a photo (See attached) you cant notice it, but in person you can...this place is a custom bikes and airbrush etc shop..I have seen escalades and other vehicles with some show WINNING jobs come out of this shop....they know their stuff and from what I have read $1000 to $1500 is cheap for stripes if done right....thank you for your feedback though,....I just dont want anyone to think that it was the shops fault...it isnt..and anyone else who owns this stripe package from our sponsor can probably relate about the seams,, However the seams are not as noticable on black stripes...I just think it is the reflective nature of the silver met stripes I bought, plus my own self, knowing its there and looking for it....
ORIGINAL: androdz

Go to a custom motorcycle shop they could point you in the direction of good paint/vinyl shops. And 1k for a job they already screwed you on vinyl is way 2 much imo. Find somewhere else.

Att. Andrew

[IMG]local://upfiles/42783/66027C34238A4604AF156619C5FE0B96.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-19-2006, 11:11 AM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

U R right, U can be as **** as you want. It's your car.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:54 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

lol....10-4 on that...
ORIGINAL: LegallyTorchRED

U R right, U can be as **** as you want. It's your car.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

I don't care for vinyl stripes myself. My friends wanted me to get them and I said no. If I were to get stripes, they would be painted on. But for now, I am happy with the look of my Mustang. My main goal is to pay my Stang off as fast as I can.
'
By the way, I have to stripes on the bottom and I hate when the wax gets on the edge of them. Over time, I will have them removed when they start to fade and peel off.

Old 11-19-2006, 02:47 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I'm extremely happy with my vinyl from BaltimoreStreetMods, a site sponsor as well if not the same place. I had mine put on a by a ricer shop and they did a decent job other than the fact their is dots of dirt or something underneath the vinyl.

The main reason i'm happy is because with people standing right in front of my car they ask if the stripes are painted and before they touch I say "no touchy my pretty pony", they aren't painted they are vinyl. I'm actually surprised how much I get that question but other than the spots underneath the vinyl mine are perfectly aligned front to back.

-Jeff
Old 11-19-2006, 02:50 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

how noticable is the seam on yours under the spoiler....I assume yours are black??
ORIGINAL: nothsa

I'm extremely happy with my vinyl from BaltimoreStreetMods, a site sponsor as well if not the same place. I had mine put on a by a ricer shop and they did a decent job other than the fact their is dots of dirt or something underneath the vinyl.

The main reason i'm happy is because with people standing right in front of my car they ask if the stripes are painted and before they touch I say "no touchy my pretty pony", they aren't painted they are vinyl. I'm actually surprised how much I get that question but other than the spots underneath the vinyl mine are perfectly aligned front to back.

-Jeff
Old 11-19-2006, 02:55 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

yes mine is ALMOST perfectly aligned except in the back where the seams meet around spoiler etc....they align fine just you can see that lil seam where they overlap...no one has noticed the seam but myslef and my wife, I have had to point it out to others so I see your reasoning. Like I said the same company as yours the stripes are everything they said they would be....just ME personally, I am a lil **** I guess was the term someone used before and I agree. IT also I feel could be that silver is metalic and picks up the sun so it is a little more noticable...
ORIGINAL: nothsa

-Jeff
Old 11-19-2006, 09:41 PM
beastzilla02
5th Gear Member

Default RE: RE TITLED...wasted $$ on vinyl is harsh, just not what I wanted

2900 from the dealership wowow...so how much would it cost for the dealership to paint a whole car..thats such a joke.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:29 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: RE TITLED...wasted $$ on vinyl is harsh, just not what I wanted

I got my stripes bought and put on the car for 80$ I just went to a place that labels airplanes. My car is black with grey stripes, they look painted, all seams are perfect. They laser mocked the top of the car with the same laser leveler they use to put the stripes on the airplanes and helis

Att. Andrew

Quick Reply: RE TITLED...wasted $$ on vinyl is harsh, just not what I wanted