Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burnt a hole in my seat

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 12:16 AM
Moonbaby1973
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Burnt a hole in my seat

Smoking is your vice.
Smoke is the byproduct of your vice.
Burning your leather seat is the result of the byproduct of your vice.

Beer is my vice.
Urine is the byproduct of my vice.
What would you think if i pissed all over my leather seat?
You would probably tell me to shut up and sit in my **** filled seat, right?

...Now you know what we think of the hole in your seat.

Old 11-21-2006, 12:19 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

Yah once you use the fillers its not as noticable ..... i mean it still is a little bit but you just gotta look close for it ... sorry about your luck man
Old 11-21-2006, 12:27 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2006GTMUSTANG

I burnt a small hole in my seat when my cigarette flew back in my window. Its leather anyone have any ideas or heard of anything to cover it up?

Thanks

Steve

rofl did this same thing but i don tsmoke cigs so it was a hooka coal that fell off onto the seat. Ford wanted 350 just to patch it up. Paid a man named roberto 125 and he redid both my front seats with oem material =)
Old 11-21-2006, 01:00 AM
06Vista
2nd Gear Member

Dude,

I wont preach to u, I actually quit smoking 2 weeks ago, a 10 year habit.

One thing I would not do in my new mustang was smoke, so I would pull over and smoke or just not smoke in the car. So I owned my car as a smoker for 3 months and NEVER smoked 1 cigarette.

Good luck getting it fixed
Old 11-21-2006, 01:17 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Anyway, try fordparts.com The seat cover is about $150. Give them your VIN and they'll get you the right one. I just ordered my rear seatback cover today from them after i gashed a slice in it with a razor knife.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:05 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Actually, we don't mind you smoking at all! They're YOUR lungs and if the smoke fills YOUR car it shouldn't bother us.
Just don't you DARE throwing that butt out the window!
It ends up being washed into the gutters, then into the sewers and eventually ends up in our rivers, lakes and oceans! I did an environmental survey in Malibu and most of the trash we found in the sand turned out to be cigarette butts.
Next time just dump your used butts into a small water bottle and screw the cap back on.
The planet Earth thanks you in advance!
Old 11-21-2006, 06:25 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

You can get brand new leather OEM for our cars CHEAP on ebay. I refitted my front 2 sits completely when I hit 35k miles.

Att. Andrew
Old 11-21-2006, 07:12 AM
skinjob
1st Gear Member

You know if they ever make it illegal to smoke in your car here in the good old bay area.. I'm going to start smoking again. The only thing I really miss about smoking is lighting up every time I someone told me not to, and especially during every stupid anti smoking commercial. As far as your seat goes you can buy patch kits for leather that work just like the ones for intertubes. You get a little bit of leather and glue it right over the spot where there is the hole. I would also have to imagine any good dealing place or upholstery repair place would be able to do the same. You may be able to hit up a dry cleaners even, since they usually know how to repair leather.

-J
Old 11-21-2006, 11:21 AM
slow07
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: skinjob

You know if they ever make it illegal to smoke in your car here in the good old bay area.. I'm going to start smoking again. The only thing I really miss about smoking is lighting up every time I someone told me not to, and especially during every stupid anti smoking commercial. As far as your seat goes you can buy patch kits for leather that work just like the ones for intertubes. You get a little bit of leather and glue it right over the spot where there is the hole. I would also have to imagine any good dealing place or upholstery repair place would be able to do the same. You may be able to hit up a dry cleaners even, since they usually know how to repair leather.

-J

So basically you slowly kill yourself just out of spite... Yeah, that will show the anti-smokers!!! If someone is telling you not to, then it is probably in a situation that it is hurting other people's lungs too, which is a crappy thing to do. I guess you don't even care about how it is going to effect your family, when they are taking care of you prior to your premature death due to lung cancer.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:30 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Gee, what a shock. You smoke so the majority of the replies are political correct bullcrap.

Quick Reply: Burnt a hole in my seat