Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

On the way..Saleen Supercharger!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 10:01 PM
FiremansGT
1st Gear Member

Default On the way..Saleen Supercharger!!!!

Well, I did it this time...I couldn't wait any longer I made an offer on ebay for a Saleen aupercharger base kit for $4500 and the seller accepted it, including free shipping. Now for those of you out there with know how...I have a C&L intake, can I use it with the blower?? how about the motor mounts, I saw on a forum that if you stay with the stock 4.00inch pulley that I did not need to lower the engine....anyone with info, I would be glad to hear....Thx
Old 11-20-2006, 10:47 PM
hoehnesr

Default RE: On the way..Saleen Supercharger!!!!

I just got mine from Hillbank but am waiting on the upgrade kit due to Saleen trying to keep up with the demand. I put my JBA shorty headers on awhile back and changed out my mounts at that time to the solid ones. I also have the C&L inatke but will not use it when everything is installed. I have read the manual and nothing is mentioned about changing mounts using a stock hood. My installer who I have talked with about also did not mention needing a mount change though JBA recommended using solid type versus the factory fluid ones. I intend on using my original air intake but adding the upgrades that Saleen has in their kit.

Old 11-20-2006, 11:01 PM
FiremansGT
1st Gear Member

Thx.. you mentioned upgrades from Saleen, do you mean a larger pulley??
Old 11-20-2006, 11:20 PM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

the upgrade kit brings HP from 435 to 475 and includes, 39# injectors, 3.8" pulley, airbox lid, and air plentum. instuction manual

I just sold my unused one!

05SDI
Old 11-20-2006, 11:21 PM
MSgt46270
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FiremansGT

Well, I did it this time...I couldn't wait any longer I made an offer on ebay for a Saleen aupercharger base kit for $4500 and the seller accepted it, including free shipping. Now for those of you out there with know how...I have a C&L intake, can I use it with the blower?? how about the motor mounts, I saw on a forum that if you stay with the stock 4.00inch pulley that I did not need to lower the engine....anyone with info, I would be glad to hear....Thx
The C&L will work with the Saleen blower, but you might have to knoch the hood where it will hit. But if you get the new motor mount that lower the engine some, then you won't need to knouch the hood. You don't have to lower the engine at all cause of the pulley. I have the 10lb pulley with the stock hood and motor mounts. My car web site http://www.cardomain.com/ride/775867.

Are you going to use the Saleen tune? BTW, it runs lean and that's not good for your motor no matter what they say. Find a good tuner to set up your tune. DON'T just go to anyone, ask around a lot. I drive 120 miles one way to see my tuner (St Motorsports).
If your going to use a tune other than Saleen's, you WILL need #39 injectors, 90mm MAF. If you don't get them your motor won't run correctly.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:46 PM
FiremansGT
1st Gear Member

Thx for the reply...I was planning on contacting JDM Engineering about a tune, what size injectors come with kit??
Old 11-21-2006, 08:32 AM
hoehnesr

The part about getting a tune from a reputable tuner is well worth it...the system runs lean and even though Saleen tells you it is fine.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:07 AM
MSgt46270
2nd Gear Member

Thx for the reply...I was planning on contacting JDM Engineering about a tune, what size injectors come with kit??
Both JDM kits come with 39lb injectors. http://www.teamjdm.com/shop/index.php?show=specials
Old 11-21-2006, 02:56 PM
unclemilti
2nd Gear Member

Thats a killer price!

Best deal I've seen.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:57 PM
unclemilti
2nd Gear Member

Thats a killer price!

Best deal I've seen.