Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car shakes to much!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 04:25 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default My car shakes to much!

Some of you might have read that I live on a dirt road with lots of little bumps. My pasenger side rear quarter panel sounds like it will rattle loose ever time I come home so today i decide to investigate that rattle noise.

Well I couldn't find any loose body panels so i decided to try and reproduce the road bumps by holding onto the passenger side rear tire by the top with my finger tips in the tread and pull back and forth. I noticed that my car shakes from side to side quite easily with not much force and accounts for a lot of the noises I hear.

So my question is how can I stiffen it up? I allready have che lca's(which I will double check the torque on). Obviously a new panhard rod will help, but what about an axle brace? Do axle braces help?

It sounded like even my caliper was making some noise, but it might have been the axle shaft itself.

Changing the rear shocks should help some to I'm guessing.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:13 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Default RE: My car shakes to much!

You might want to consider upgrading to better bushings to stiffen up the rear, night not stop any clunking noises though.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:04 AM
lovemygt
2nd Gear Member

Take it to the Ford dealership and have them fix it. Use the warranty bro. You shouldnt have those problems on such a new car.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:38 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Well I would, but it seems silly to bring a lowered vehicle in for rattle noises.

ORIGINAL: lovemygt

Take it to the Ford dealership and have them fix it. Use the warranty bro. You shouldnt have those problems on such a new car.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:08 AM
gothikka
1st Gear Member

I would bring it in anyways bro...you get that warranty with the car so you might as well use it. If they say that the warranty is void pull out the BS card and start bitching.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:17 AM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gothikka

I would bring it in anyways bro...you get that warranty with the car so you might as well use it. If they say that the warranty is void pull out the BS card and start bitching.

+1 Now you know if you lowered the car you DID void the warranty on the factory struts and springs and if a professional shop did not do the install on the lowering kit than they can argue you did something wrong (even if you didn't)
Old 11-28-2006, 08:35 AM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

even if a professional shop did the install it can be argued that they did something wrong...or that the kit messed up the finely tuned and precisely engineered integration of the parts.

You can argue Magnuson Moss till you're blue in the face but if you have suspension problems on a modified suspension then the dealer has a good leg to stand on.

Can't hurt to ask, I suppose......but when they wipe out your lowered air dam driving on to their lift you will have added problems....
Old 11-28-2006, 09:32 AM
gothikka
1st Gear Member

I have plenty of engine mods done to my car and I took it in for an engine tick and they fixed it with no problems at all. If one dealer gives you trouble...go to another. Its not like the actual dealership takes the hit on repairs...its the Ford motor company. They shouldnt really give a **** if they have to fix it or not.