Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise

Old 05-08-2007, 11:31 PM
vladimirmaleev

Default RE: 2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise

hey just got the new flowtech terminator axlebacks WHOOOOOOOOO i would say only the bassani's might sound a little better than them but all other ones got no chance!check them out
Old 05-08-2007, 11:39 PM
moe07
2nd Gear Member

Well i was under the hood today and noticed that the pipe that you fill the a/c under the hood was loose side to sidealso noticed that the pipe has a rubber hose on it to stop it from hitting the strut tower. Then i noticed that there is a clip or somthing at the split in the pipe about half way down the pipe. I pushed the pipe to the sideand let the rubber hose banginto thestrut tower.Noticed that a clip was hitting the strut tower. I notice that the clip spins on the pipe it is a weired shape and very looseand could come it contact with the strut tower, sounded like a cluncking noise from under the hood. Mabe this is the cluncking noise we are hearing. Ispuntheclipfor the widest gap to strut towerand went for a short ride, No Bumpsbut didn't hear the cluncking noise. I will let you know how it turns out.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:46 PM
FlyingTuna

Here's the latest poop. The regional service engineering rep did indeed drive my wounded GT. He confirmed that there is a problem with the strut tower. The mounting hardware is defunct. Wow, finally, someone at Ford admitted it. The Svc manager was close to being livid that they wouldn't admit it earlier. He has already done 2 strut, 1 mount, and a cross brace install.The regional engineer (Seattle /NW) said there is a TSB which will be released by end of June which replaces the mounting hardware for a shock muffle bs bs bs. Basically, the strut mout is bad as we have said all along. I can confirm that the upper mount is crap. When it was replaced last month, the clunk became worse.

So I advise all you clunkers get off your bitchen butts and go to your dealers and demand that you get on the wait list cue for the replacement parts. I'm first on the list for Seattle.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:20 AM
vladimirmaleev

i went and asked them the dealership in NJ but they didn't said anything abdout that and thay said that they dont know nothing about it!how do i get om that list is that gonna be as a recal or is there anywhere else you can go and get on the list like ford.com or or something?does anyone knows?
Old 05-09-2007, 02:51 AM
vladimirmaleev

Back to list of items

Listed in category:
eBay Motors > Parts & Accessories > Car & Truck Parts > Suspension & Steering > Caster/Camber Kits

Steeda Heavy Duty Upper Strut Mounts Mustang 05 06 07
Item number: 260113497256

You are signed in
You are watching this item in My eBay (26 items)[/align]

var ss0ImageUrls = descImageUrls = [

[
"http://i14.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/9c/58/9480_1_b.JPG",
"http://i14.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/9c/58/9480_2.JPG",
"http://i14.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/9c/58/9480_0.JPG"
,"http://i14.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/9c/58/9480_1_b.JPG"
]
];

[/align][/align][/align]

View larger picture

price:
US $299.95
Buy It Now >

Make no payments for 3 months http://creditproducts.ebay.com/odcs/custom.html?template=PayPalPlusPromotions]Apply[/URL]

[hr]

[/align]
Shipping costs:

US $14.23
UPS Ground
Service to 08406, United States
[/align]Calculate
Calculate[/align]

Ships to:
United States

Item location:
Santa Clarita, California, United States

[hr]

You are watching this item in My eBay (26 items)

You can also:
Get alerts via Text message or IM
Email to a friend[/align]

Listing and payment details:

HideShow

Payment methods:

PayPal (preferred)

See details[/align]

Meet the seller

Seller:
bearclaw20( [URL=http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBay
Old 05-09-2007, 08:02 AM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Hey Everyone, Getting your car down to the dealer and take the service folksfor a test drive to show the noise, now your in the computer andyour "documented" for the fix (TSB). It's nice to hear one dealer mentions something about it but it's probably from personal experience. That's why the other guys dealer, including mine have no info whatsoever about a TSB. Again why this is so frustrating. Ford is more concerned about putting the fix on brand new cars than fixing the ones they already sold. It's still a crap shoot if the fix comes. Remember it was to come in March, then beginning of April, then May now end of June. Who knows? As I've said they've known about this problem since the 05 came out, why didn't a TSB come out 2 years ago? Sorry to sound so negitive but I've been listening to this thunking for almost 9 months now and I've had it. Dumped in hundreds of dollars into chassic strengthening and still have the noise. Well I wrote a letter to Bill Ford last week and I'm waiting for an answer write now, hopefully he's an honest guy and will give me honest answers about this problem. Are they going to fix it? Is so when?
Old 05-09-2007, 04:31 PM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

Jay, I agree with your crapshoot comment. I'll be very surprised if the TSB comes out by end of June.
Frankly, I'll be surprised if it comes outat all. We may be screwed. Ford already has our money.

Edit:
Jay, I wrote to Bill Ford as well. Again, I never expect him to respond and I doubt the letter will land on his desk. Probably whatshername will read it and file it.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Ya RLS, That's what I'm afraid of. She might just shread it for all we know. Or will just get the "under investagation" response. And it's true that they already have our money, so why spend millions fixing our cars. With them closing plants and laying off workers, I doubt if there doing it to fix our cars. If it was only concidered a safety issue, but since it's just a noise issue the dice in the crap game is against us. I hope we get a real response from Bill Ford. Either tell us "Yes their going to fix our cars on June xx" or "sorry we decided not to." Then we can go on our way to fixing it ourselves and if people want, take legal action. I believe somewhere in the warrenty book it said something like "rattles, sqeaks, noise issues are not covered under warrenty." I read it 8 months ago so I don't remember the exact wording. Oh and if our letters will "really" end up on Bill Fords desk, I doubt it, but I felt it was worth the try. At least we tried, all the way to the top.
Down the road when people asked what we did about it, at least "we" won't be saying "I didn't write to anyone and complain."
Old 05-09-2007, 10:17 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Hey, Iran mypony into a telephone poll today!
No more thunk!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:35 AM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

Wolfey: you must be joking?! please say you're not serious!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise