Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 06:23 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I installed some gt500 front LCAs and my clunk is finally gone. Feels and sounds like a new car now. Finally its fixed.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:40 AM
gnrpatience
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by nawagner
Most recalls will be covered even if out of warranty since it is a recall. Eibach must have made the Roush struts because I got my Roush struts replaced for the same recall. My strut actually did break.

Well thats truth! I will need to go with the stealership. Now for the recall on Remedy it says:

Remedy
EIBACH WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND OFFER TO PROVIDE NEW STRUTS FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON DECEMBER 1, 2006. OWNERS MAY CONTACT EIBACH AT 951-256-8300.

Read more: http://www.truckinweb.com/ford/99/mu...#ixzz21SOSCM5g

I was never notified by EIBACH... Do i need to contact them or where to check Im mine is using eibach?

Last edited by gnrpatience; 07-23-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:00 AM
nawagner

Originally Posted by gnrpatience
I was never notified by EIBACH... Do i need to contact them or where to check Im mine is using eibach?
Look at the part number on your struts and if it is one of the numbers listed in the recall I would call Eibach to find out which direction to go from there.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:11 PM
supermod

My guess is that when lowered, the car leans more on the sway bar. Replace the sway bar bushings? replace the sway bar links? Sounds like all soft bushings may need replaced. My 07 Saleen is dead quiet inside. The sway bar has been replaced by what looks like a bridge stress bar(1 1/4" or so). Not a clunk at all.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:15 PM
SigMPilot

Hi to everyone, I am from Mexico and i bought a 2007 V6 4.0 one month ago, when i took the test drive I drove in a very smooth road so everything was OK to me, i paid for the car and 3 blocks from the dealer reality slapped me in the face, it was when i started hearing to the clunk noise in the front suspension, the shocks felt really bad so i decided to buy front and rear motorcraft shocks and i thought it was going to be the end of the noise, but to my surprise the noise was still there, then i took the car the dealer and they said the tie rod was loose and also needed replacement and that the tie rod was the cause of the noise, it was changed and you guessed right the noise is still there, I felt very dissapointed with my Mustang, the roads here in Mexico are awful so its a torture to drive my car, i feel like i am driving a piece of junk, and i found these forum and these thread in particular and i realized that i'm not the only one with these problem, I have to confess that i tried to read the 216 pages of the thread but at page 40 i became tired because no one had a solution, so please guys if some of you have found the fix please share it with me, i'm sorry if this has been answered or posted before, i am impacient to get rid of this noise and start enjoying my pony, Thanks in advance and best regards to you all.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:54 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Mine would clunk on any small bump in the road. Sounded like metal on metal clunk. I swapped to gt500 strut mounts and noise was still there. Finally put in front gt500 LCAs and the noise is gone. My tie rods were tight as well. I would guess that's your issue.
I know the feeling of your car sounding like a POS. Its depressing. Did the install with a friends help. Not difficult at all.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:16 AM
SigMPilot

Thanks 808muscle! so thats it? just change the LCA? Ok i will give it a try, just hope they are not to expensive here in MEX, I will let you know if it worked!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:23 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SigMPilot
Thanks 808muscle! so thats it? just change the LCA? Ok i will give it a try, just hope they are not to expensive here in MEX, I will let you know if it worked!
You want the GT500 front LCAs. They have upgraded bushings.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:15 PM
Hamidar05
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SigMPilot
You may also check the front sway bar end links. The factory ones for 05-09 are very difficulty to tighten. Those were my problem when I changed my springs. I think you had to disconnect them to get to the springs? It may feel like they are tight, but they have to be very tight to keep from making a clunk. You can buy new ones that are easier to tighten.

my post was page 215 #2146
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...ml#post7966095

Good luck
Old 07-25-2014, 11:28 PM
Ivani_15

Exclamation Try this first please !!!!

Hello before you start spending a lot of money in parts, pay attention to me. Underneath your mustang are couple of screws that loose after a while driving around. You may think that is stupid what I told you but is not. Lift your car and under the engine mounts are two screws (picture) n each side that hold the suspension to the frame, tight those up as hardest you can, you may have to use a impact wrench or a breaking bar. Second under you radiator base are two screws that hold it against the frame, check them too. Last but not least in each side of the car, close to the area that you set the car jack are two screws that also hold the suspension to the frame tighten up as well. They are 12 screws that may make your car sound like is falling apart believe me. No one knows what was wrong with my car and make me spend a lot of money for nothing, sway bar, strut, mounts, bushings, links and hub. Try it please and let me know
Attached Thumbnails  2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise