Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise

Hi Stang, the date follows a bunch of #'s. It takes 7-8 weeks to built a Mustang from the start. A month into the build is when they start the VIN# and build it to specs. So the date I mentioned for mine is when it left the factory and it came to the dealer a couple days later. I'll look at my door to see that date but maybe it's the date that they started to actual built it to my specific order. I know when I was going down every week wondering how my car was doing they would check and when the VIN# came up I knew "mine"was actually going down the assembly line.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:25 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

ORIGINAL: Jays Mustang

They started production of the 07on 06/05/06. Mine was built on 07/27/06the exact date look at your window sticker on the bottom right. I was at the dealer again this morning checking production dates and the upper mount we use(coupe, conv, V6, & GT) is the same as they started with starting 06/04. The strut we 07's use started 06/05/06. They said each Monday the computer info is refreshed. So if someone says the don't thunk after 10/06, I would think they would have new production dates starting then. That doesn't sound right I thought a long while back someone has a thunker made in Dec 06. I agree about that info,(not stepping on anyone toes) but if it was fixed back in Oct. we would have the problem TSB,unless Ford is saying screw us.
Obviously they aren't built in a day but that date is when finished and put the window sticker on and send out the door because I recieved it a couple days later.
Are you talking about a date followed by a bunch of letters and numbers on the bottom right of the windowsticker? That date is different than what is on the sticker inside my door.

By how much? That sticker date looks to be a shipping date to me.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:31 PM
FlyingTuna

As stated before, I have the cross member and the thunk is still there. No change whatsoever.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:02 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Okay, don't even waste a key stroke on responding tothis FALSE rumor that stangs built after 10/6 don't thunk!
Geesh!
Some people will believe anything the dealer tells them. Some people won't bother to read all the posts on this thread.
Anyone wanting to know if what the dealer said is true or not, go back to the very first post of this thread and read! Read through and you'll figure out for yourself he's full of beans!
Old 05-03-2007, 02:10 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

PRODUCTION DATE IS ON THE STICKER IN THE DOOR JAM 'Driver's side'.
It gives Month and Year. That's the production date!
Old 05-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Ya I have August 06 on thedoor jam, so I assume after the chassic is built they pull out each order then paint and put on the VIN#. So the door jam sticker is put on between the VIN and 3-4 weeks later the window sticker and ship it. 24 hours later it was in N.Y. and a day later at my dealership. That's about as detailed as I can get. Other than that I'd need a GPS locator on it during assembly.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Well I did a speed/noise check this morning. It seems that now the noise is limited to under 30 more or less. Any big bump and speed will wake it up. Going slow at 20-25 it's the normal thunking. But the back roads I live on 20-25 is normal. Sure once I'm on the main roads it calms down. So I lost the smile and still frustrated.
I told the folks at the dealership about sending a letter to Bill Ford, you should have seen the jaws drop. Literally. So I'll wait for Bill Ford answer, if it sucks I'm headed right down to the dealer and talk to the owner about fixing it. Maybe the conv struts and GT500 upper mounts. They have to try something. If not, I'll purpose me buying theparts and see if they will install/align for free. Then I'll send the bill to Bill Ford.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:21 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

As i have stated here before...

No thunking..until i changed my suspension..at 4000 miles .to Tokico's..Etc..full BMR everything...

Now i have thunking noise.. Everthing seems tight...dont have alot of the right size tools to check certain bolts

like on the end links..
Old 05-03-2007, 03:39 PM
tommyboy45
1st Gear Member

I am amazed at how elusive this noise is on our cars and how something that works for onecar, does not for another.

I mentioned back on post #678 that I purchased the cross member and nuts (part #s and prices ...EXPENSIVE!!) and it muffled the thunking sound but did not get rid of it. I wonder if the the new coupes built in April '07WITHthe cross member have different part #s for the struts and bushings? Just curious.

I have owned a lot of cars and never had a noise like this that I could not get rid of (easily).
Old 05-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Hi Tommy, If you look back a few posts I explained that I went to the dealer this morning and checked production dates & listed them, on page 52. Post #1039
Torch there just metric sizes. Head down to Sears today and get some wrenches. Ya Northy did the same with replacing alot and found his swaybar links needed tightning. Give it a try.

Quick Reply: 2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise