Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 12:20 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise

ORIGINAL: northy_polk

actually,we didn't say exactly the same thing and here's why: the guy said he has a vert and wants the new parts. we will assume that it's because his car thunks despite the fact that it's a vert. just because he has a vert doesn't mean it's immune to the problem. i realize that there is disagreement on this and i appreciate that fact. but it's not super logical to think that the guy wants to go out of his way just to update the parts rather than to fix a problem. mark from the uk feel free to chime in here.

I don't see that verts are immune to the thunk. That was a rumor I think put out by Ford, and speculated by others. It goes back to the cross member frame support that was put in verts and late model 2007 coupes like mine. Ford was saying verts don't thunk, and it was looking at why they didn't and what was different between them and coupes. VERTS DO THUNK PEOPLE!
Old 08-10-2007, 01:07 PM
tommyboy45
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MartyMoose

Without reading through the 85+ pages, is this a fairly simple/straight forward replacement that can be done in the garage (any write-ups)? TIA.
Here you go: https://mustangforums.com/m_3070963/tm.htm

TacoBill to the rescue!
Old 08-10-2007, 01:33 PM
richmod
4th Gear Member

Woo-hoo! One phone call and a fax (summarizing the pertinent info from this thread) to my service advisor, and he's ordering the parts! Hopefully next week I'll be thunk free! He's also ordering a "steering bushing". My front end also creaks on depressions in the road, and he says in his experience that's the cause. Guess we'll see.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:13 PM
acrokat
2nd Gear Member

Get this. The front mounts are ordered but now the dealer won't install the parts.
Jeff, the service manager who I was referred to by Wolfey no longer works there. Jeff wasn't able to complete my order before he left. The new service manager, Scott, cannot reproduce the problem (deaf I suppose) and therefore will not install the parts THAT WERE ALREADY ****ING ORDERED!

So it continues....
Old 08-13-2007, 05:25 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

Take him for a test drive yourself. Make him hear it.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:31 PM
acrokat
2nd Gear Member

The supervisor claims to own a mustang. If it comes to that, i will take the sup on a drive personally.

What kills me is that they already said they would fix it [:@] It's bull**** that they would go back on their word now.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:19 PM
LarryS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acrokat

Get this. The front mounts are ordered but now the dealer won't install the parts.
Jeff, the service manager who I was referred to by Wolfey no longer works there. Jeff wasn't able to complete my order before he left. The new service manager, Scott, cannot reproduce the problem (deaf I suppose) and therefore will not install the parts THAT WERE ALREADY ****ING ORDERED!

So it continues....
Have them put down a 2 x 4 board and roll over it slowly. Don't even have to leave the dealership parking lot. Did you take him a copy of my invoice and show it to them?I'm offering it to anyone that thinks it might help to show the dealer. Email me if you want it. larry98@alltel.net
Old 08-13-2007, 06:31 PM
mvon919

I wouldn't wait what they're thinking. I'd just get the parts and install them myself.

I bought the parts and installed them myself after local dealer gave me the usual and asked if there's TSB out...

I'm just so happy finally that this car doesn't clunk anymore.

I've been putting around $10,000 for mods so $100 to get rid of the clunk is nothing.

If you're waiting and fighting with your dealer, you'll need to listen that clunk.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:02 PM
tommyboy45
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mvon919

I bought the parts and installed them myself after local dealer gave me the usual and asked if there's TSB out...
I did the same thing as mvon919. Bought the parts and installed them myself. Now I know exactly what was done and no "added" scratches or dents from the dealer, unlike every other visit I made to them.

It isblast to drive now that it is fixed. I waited too long for this fix and I not playing the "it is a normal sound for this car" game with my dealer.

All done and quiet like it should have been from the factory. Now I can concentrate on some seriously "fun" mods.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:20 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

All I can say is I'm not surprised acrocat.

If you contact bascho, he may still be able to help. Try again if you already have.
Raise hell with the dealer!
Take your car to another one.
Use the receipt that LarryS is offering.
There's one other on here too several pages back I believe.
Take action. Don't take any crap. Be persistent!
Don't take no for an answer!
Get on em boy! Make it happen![:@]

Gewed Freakin Luck!
Wolfey22

Quick Reply: 2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise