Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want Ford to buyback my car...will they?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 08:40 PM
ssimaniac
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I want Ford to buyback my car...will they?

However when I first bought the car, there was no noise. Only after a month or so, I heard it
Old 11-22-2006, 09:26 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

mines fine!!
Old 11-22-2006, 09:40 PM
pork
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05Pony
Not with out you taking a big hit, you'll get trade in value for it.
Good luck
Not necessarily. Depends on state lemon law, 30 days in the shop or three times for the same repair & you contact Ford Customer Service, the 800 number is in your owners manual. Tell them you want the buy back paperwork.

I'm in Ohio. I had an 03 6.0 diesel F-250. Well over 30 days in the shop, engine disassembled, coolant replaced by diesel blowing by the o-rings. transmission pulled, oil leak not fixed. Every time I took it to the shop and they told me the parts would take a week, I told them to keep it till it was fixed. Don't take long to build up 30 days.
Filed the paperwork, did the arbitration, Got a FULL reimbursement for the truck as well as all the accessories I had receipts for.

It's definitely worth your while to check on and pursue the Ford buyback
Old 11-22-2006, 09:49 PM
superiormirage
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pork

ORIGINAL: 05Pony
Not with out you taking a big hit, you'll get trade in value for it.
Good luck
Not necessarily. Depends on state lemon law, 30 days in the shop or three times for the same repair & you contact Ford Customer Service, the 800 number is in your owners manual. Tell them you want the buy back paperwork.

I'm in Ohio. I had an 03 6.0 diesel F-250. Well over 30 days in the shop, engine disassembled, coolant replaced by diesel blowing by the o-rings. transmission pulled, oil leak not fixed. Every time I took it to the shop and they told me the parts would take a week, I told them to keep it till it was fixed. Don't take long to build up 30 days.
Filed the paperwork, did the arbitration, Got a FULL reimbursement for the truck as well as all the accessories I had receipts for.

It's definitely worth your while to check on and pursue the Ford buyback
+1.

I know Florida law makes the dealership give you a full refund plus any interest you payed. Dealerships HATE lemoning cars out because they lose a TON of money, but there is a special lemon court (No jokes intended) and if you have all the proper paperwork, they will rule in your favor.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:00 PM
Larmo
4th Gear Member

Were you maybe expecting the HP and performance of a GT?
Old 11-23-2006, 03:33 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

I drive a new 2007 GT. It has 1300 miles on it. I took it in at 1100 miles for 3.73 gears to my local diff shop. Upon teardown of the diff he found that the carrier bearing races were spinning in the diff housing. He showed me the bearing caps and the machined surfaces were not even flat. They had burrs around the bolt holes. Hmm, not good. Here I am with a brand new 1 month old stang and the diff is @#$&ed up! He showed me the races that were worn on the outsides and the diff housing with circular scratches where the races were spinning in it. The magnet in the diff was full of metal particles and the posi clutches already showed signs of wear from all the metal particles in the gear oil. He was able to clean up the caps and take a couple of thousands off of them to fix the problem with the loose races. I had him put in an eaton posi unit and new Ford racing gears. It's OK now. He told me if the problem had not been found early enough that the entire diff and axle housing would have been trashed. Poor quality control! from the manufacturer (Sterling axle & gear makes Ford's 8.8 axles). He said that the problem would eventually have caused clunking noises, as the ring gear would be moving in and out from the pinion gear, then breakage of the gears would occur under hard acceleration.

Maybe your clunking is related to a diff issue and not the driveshaft. I would have the dealer check the diff and at least see that it is OK. I didn't notice any gear or bearing noise before I had the gears changed.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:09 AM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

You owned it 2 or 3 mos now huh? Does that mean you purchased it under the 0% for 72 mos deal? If so, you can kiss that financing goodbye if Ford buys your car back. You should check around at current financing offers to be sure you want to get rid of your Mustang for something else. It's under warranty so it will eventually get fixed once the real problem is determined. If you really hate it and are willing to get anything else even if it costs you more.....then pursue the lemon law angle.

Good luck either way.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:29 AM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

I would definitely look into the lemon laws where you live. If in fact something is wrong with your car and they haven't fixed it, that would be the route I go. I've had my car in once already for that stupid leak everyone's heard about. It's still there. In CT, from what I understand, it's a "3 strikes you're out" type of deal, meaning, the dealership has 3 chances to fix a problem in a 90 day span. If they don't, the car is a lemon. I do love my car, but at the same time, if it means I would be getting a brand new Mustang because the dealership is too stubborn/stupid to fix it in the first place, then their loss is my gain.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:36 AM
pork
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bascho
It's under warranty so it will eventually get fixed once the real problem is determined. Good luck either way.
What have you been smoking? You have obviously never had to deal with a dead bang lemon. Having spent close to six months screwing with mine, with three different dealers, I can tell you that some of them NEVER get fixed. The grief of a lemon can in no way be equated with a couple of percentage points on a loan....
Old 11-24-2006, 12:22 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pork

ORIGINAL: bascho
It's under warranty so it will eventually get fixed once the real problem is determined. Good luck either way.
What have you been smoking? You have obviously never had to deal with a dead bang lemon. Having spent close to six months screwing with mine, with three different dealers, I can tell you that some of them NEVER get fixed. The grief of a lemon can in no way be equated with a couple of percentage points on a loan....
You are correct....I've never owned a "lemon"......as most people won't. The percentage of cars bought back under lemon-law is less than .05% of vehicles sold. I can't say they are NEVER fixed....but I agree that they might not get fixed in three visits.

Couple of percentage points!!! new car rates are over 6% right now and going higher. On a $26K Mustang with a 72 mos term thats $4960. I agree that money might not be worth the headache of a true lemon......but so far I'm not convinced this persons problem isn't that they just don't like their V6 Mustang anymore.

Quick Reply: I want Ford to buyback my car...will they?