Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber Taillight panel

Old 11-26-2006, 08:41 PM
raylandm
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Carbon Fiber Taillight panel

The thing about carbon fiber are the different grades and different manufacturers will have different shades. The clear coat that they put on it are also different so youll see uneven fade on your pieces if they all dont come from the same manufacturer. That panel would look good with a carbon fiber wing.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:49 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

seen those my customs shop is carrying those from bash performance. Looks like crap in person. JMO and i am one of the few on this site who like carbon fiber
Old 11-26-2006, 08:53 PM
stangoil
2nd Gear Member

I like the factory look if you have the stripes running all the way to back bumper
Old 11-27-2006, 02:37 AM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: petepete

seen those my customs shop is carrying those from bash performance. Looks like crap in person. JMO and i am one of the few on this site who like carbon fiber
+1 on carbon fiber, I have not seen these in person but for it to look right on the car you should also do a carbon fiber lip, side scoops, mirrors, and a 3 piece low cut wing. That would look good on the car as accents.

Old 11-27-2006, 02:47 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattblasi

ORIGINAL: petepete

+1 on carbon fiber, I have not seen these in person but for it to look right on the car you should also do a carbon fiber lip, side scoops, mirrors, and a 3 piece low cut wing. That would look good on the car as accents.

stillen sponsors you? You lucky dog
Old 11-28-2006, 12:37 AM
raylandm
2nd Gear Member

Stillen makes an awesome supercharger......u are lucky.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:55 AM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

Actually Stillen is also one of the Major distributors for AP Racing Brakes ....

I have the front 14.25" 6 piston kit and the rear 13" 4 piston kit sitting in my garage, I need wheel spacers for them to get them on, they do not make a SC for the Mustang but they do distribute for Roush so I may see about going that way, they will not just give me the blower though best I could hope for there is a discount. Not all sponsorships give free stuff all the time (common misconception)

A few of my friends with Nissans LOVE their SC from Stillen and they have always done right by us on service, parts and quality. They actually sell alot of parts for the new Stangs I was impressed but when it came to Stillen or Rotora for the brakes well Rotora is great but Sillen w/ AP Racing is BEST I actually found out that the brakes I have are the same as what ships on the FR500GT racer, guess I when over kill huh.

[sm=oopssign.gif] sorry for the thread jack [sm=guilty.gif]
Old 11-28-2006, 03:52 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattblasi

Actually Stillen is also one of the Major distributors for AP Racing Brakes ....

I have the front 14.25" 6 piston kit and the rear 13" 4 piston kit sitting in my garage, I need wheel spacers for them to get them on, they do not make a SC for the Mustang but they do distribute for Roush so I may see about going that way, they will not just give me the blower though best I could hope for there is a discount. Not all sponsorships give free stuff all the time (common misconception)

A few of my friends with Nissans LOVE their SC from Stillen and they have always done right by us on service, parts and quality. They actually sell alot of parts for the new Stangs I was impressed but when it came to Stillen or Rotora for the brakes well Rotora is great but Sillen w/ AP Racing is BEST I actually found out that the brakes I have are the same as what ships on the FR500GT racer, guess I when over kill huh.

[sm=oopssign.gif] sorry for the thread jack [sm=guilty.gif]

I'm surprised Stillen sponsers a car with a complete Cervini's body kit.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:31 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

Why? Stillen dose not make any exterior styling for the Mustangs so it dose not hurt them, they do distribute the Street Scene and Roush kits but that is about it. Besides Stillen has always been more focused on performance than style.

Oh and back to the thread and Carbon Fiber comments Stillen also has Seibon and all their CF Hoods, trunk lid, spoilers, and door panels.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:05 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Yea i had stillen supercharge my truck and also got some help with the mustang. They do great work and they are only 5 minutes away from me