Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who will win this race in your opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 01:24 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Who will win this race in your opinion?

Gears would def help my chances... I'm expecting hands and a mouth full with that GTO The Eclipse is fast so don't be fooled... he'll be right there with us both
Old 11-28-2006, 01:42 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Honestly.. Im thinking the Eclipse is going to take you, and youll take the GTO. That Eclipse has one hell of a fuel system (prolly got more $ in that fuel system than I have in all my aftermarket stuff) and its turbo.. seems pretty tough, but then Im not big on imports so I dunno. With your mods, you should be able to take the GTO.. theres a bunch brand new ones here that barely take me, Im talkin... .05-.1 and all I have is an intake on an auto. So if youre a manual then your extra hp, better gearing and decent list of mods should be enough to beat him, wouldnt get your hopes up about that Mitsu though lol. Good luck man and let us know how it comes out!
Old 11-28-2006, 02:09 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Honestly.. Im thinking the Eclipse is going to take you, and youll take the GTO. That Eclipse has one hell of a fuel system (prolly got more $ in that fuel system than I have in all my aftermarket stuff) and its turbo.. seems pretty tough, but then Im not big on imports so I dunno. With your mods, you should be able to take the GTO.. theres a bunch brand new ones here that barely take me, Im talkin... .05-.1 and all I have is an intake on an auto. So if youre a manual then your extra hp, better gearing and decent list of mods should be enough to beat him, wouldnt get your hopes up about that Mitsu though lol. Good luck man and let us know how it comes out!

This is where it becomes a driver challenge more so than the cars, the cars are evenly matched as the eclipse will not be able to launch as or or with as high of a boost level as he would need to pull as hard since it is only FWD if it were AWD I would not argue the eclipse would have a major issue. Also that turbo maxes at 400 on supported HP for those who were wondering. Honestly sounds like a Hahn Racecraft kit on the eclipse.

The GTO is stock but it is the 400hp 6.0L and the Mustang has good mods to catch that GTO so as I said it will be close within a few tenths of a second and I would not place money on it. The question is who is the better driver, honestly?
Old 11-28-2006, 02:15 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Mattblasi- Well said... I guess that I'll let you all know the better driver after Saturday. I say me of course
Old 11-28-2006, 03:17 PM
raylandm
2nd Gear Member

Cant wait for the results......I hate the Eclipse and the GTO hehhehee. Hope you win.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:20 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

I'm really not big on Eclipse's at all either... my hopes aren't going no where trust me on that one but hey- if he's fast then he's fast right? All 3 cars are evenly matched in this one... I just dunno yet but I'm hoping to win... I dont care by how much [sm=gears.gif]
Old 11-28-2006, 07:49 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Wow... I wanna say that the 'Stang is going to come out on top, but that Mitsu looks MEAN on paper. Think about it - he's running 18 lbs., and has probably got you by several hundred pounds on the weight side. That power / weight ratio has to be pretty good.

Hate to say it: I've got to go with the Mitsu on this one...
Old 11-28-2006, 09:55 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

He def has a few hundred pounds on me. He already knows that he wont be able to launch... so now it's a matter of playin' catch up
Old 11-29-2006, 02:00 PM
raylandm
2nd Gear Member

Damet ......is it Saturday yet?? hahhahhaaaaa. Man Id love to go to the track and watch since my V6 is bone stock.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:58 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Well seems that they are only taking the first 400 cars that get there and registration starts at 6am... ahh so early! I'll be heading out around 4-4:30. The gates open at 7 for anyone in southern cali thats wants to go to race to just to watch. It's supposed to be about 76 that day so it wont be too hot which kinda sucks... I was hoping for a better day... well a hotter one anyway.4

Quick Reply: Who will win this race in your opinion?