Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who will win this race in your opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 03:24 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Default Who will win this race in your opinion?

Here is the deal- On Saturday 2 friends and I are all going to the track and of course the $hit talking is starting... We will be doing the 1/4 mile at California Speedway. Here are the Mods of all 3 cars - gimmie your opinion on how you think it will play out.

AJ- 2006 GTO -- Stock

Brian- 1998 Eclipse -- Big 16G - FMIC w/ 2 1/2in piping - 1g throttlebody - 255lph fuel pump - 550cc injec - Injen intake - 3inch turbo back exhaust - Apexi AFC - 9lb ACT Flywheel - Centerforce Clutch

J (me) 2005 Mustang GT -- SCT XCalibrator II - Mac Cold Air Intake - MMR Throttle Body Spacer - JBA Short Tube Headers - Off Road Xpipe - 40 Series Flowmaster Axle Back Exhaust - Hurst Short Throw Shifter - Tien Lowering Springs - Edlebrock Strut Tower Brace - Roush Under Drive Pulleys - Saleen 18X9 Rims
Old 11-28-2006, 04:04 AM
lovemygt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Who will win this race in your opinion?

J (me) 2005 Mustang GT -- SCT XCalibrator II - Mac Cold Air Intake - MMR Throttle Body Spacer - JBA Short Tube Headers - Off Road Xpipe - 40 Series Flowmaster Axle Back Exhaust - Hurst Short Throw Shifter - Tien Lowering Springs - Edlebrock Strut Tower Brace - Roush Under Drive Pulleys - Saleen 18X9 Rims

I think you got em bro.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:30 AM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Moses 05GT

Here is the deal- On Saturday 2 friends and I are all going to the track and of course the $hit talking is starting... We will be doing the 1/4 mile at California Speedway. Here are the Mods of all 3 cars - gimmie your opinion on how you think it will play out.

AJ- 2006 GTO -- Stock

Brian- 1998 Eclipse -- Big 16G - FMIC w/ 2 1/2in piping - 1g throttlebody - 255lph fuel pump - 550cc injec - Injen intake - 3inch turbo back exhaust - Apexi AFC - 9lb ACT Flywheel - Centerforce Clutch

Is the Eclipse FWD or AWD? Cause it could be close I have seen a AWD Talon with a Super 16G turbo run high 12s on drag radials puttin about 350 to the ground. I dunno it may come down to the drivers on this one.

Old 11-28-2006, 04:35 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

The Eclipse in FWD... He has all but 1 part to make it AWD... sucks for him... lol
Old 11-28-2006, 05:53 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

You forgot to state the boost. Most of your mods are suspension and deco. Your real perf. upgs are the intake/sct and flowmaster/shorties are like like 13hp total. If he is running low boost then u got him. If he is running 20+ psi could be a good race.

Att. Andrew
Old 11-28-2006, 05:56 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Androdz- He'll be running 18 for the boost
Old 11-28-2006, 09:35 AM
gothikka
1st Gear Member

I had a GS-T back in the day running 16 lbs of boost and the best I could get it to run was a 13.89. I'm pretty sure you got him bro.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:29 PM
4wheelkillr
2nd Gear Member

I think the eclipse has this one hands down...
and if his fuel system is any indication of what his HP output will be then he's going to waste the both of you...

the mustang and GTO will be closer...i'm assuming he's got the 6L gto..in that case it'll be a driver's race...
post up with the true results...
ORIGINAL: Moses 05GT

AJ- 2006 GTO -- Stock

Old 11-28-2006, 01:07 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

4wheelkillr- It sure is the 6.0L. He had a 2004 5.7 and then traded it in 3 days ago for a newer bigger one. The 3 of us dont know who will win so we wanted to get all your opinions. I do know that he has some fuel work as well as a few other mods that he neglected to gimmie for the board here. It wasn't anything major though that I can remember... just like rims, sway bars, etc. It all adds up though & I'll def be posting the winner after Saturday
Old 11-28-2006, 01:13 PM
lieu910
3rd Gear Member

I don't know anything about imports, they're not my brand of Vodka, but I think you'll have your hands full with the GTO. Gears would certainly help your chances.

Quick Reply: Who will win this race in your opinion?