Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who is this Bozo

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 01:04 PM
b_hollier
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Who is this Bozo

I have always backed american vehicles, unitl in the last year or two. I am very disappointed in the american quality of vehicles. The forgein cars have surpassed the american vehicles by far. This goes for all american vehicles not just the mustang. I have owned quite a few sporst cars since I have started driving and can honestly say that the quality has gone down everytime I have upgraded to a new year model of whatever car.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:47 PM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

Um, I thought 5th Gear and Top Gear were the same shows, just titled differently here than in the UK?
Old 12-04-2006, 05:00 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

I have always backed american vehicles, unitl in the last year or two. I am very disappointed in the american quality of vehicles. The forgein cars have surpassed the american vehicles by far. This goes for all american vehicles not just the mustang. I have owned quite a few sporst cars since I have started driving and can honestly say that the quality has gone down everytime I have upgraded to a new year model of whatever car.
Sure, german stuff is nice. But I still say the german quality has dropped off alot too. Have you looked at BMW lately? Much more plastic than a ford. Including the clutch pedal on them. And if it worked all the time, that would be fine, but it squeeks and moans on the e46. But german performance is still not what it should be either for the money.

No matter how you cut it, when a 28K dollar mustang with an intake and tune can smartly beat a porsche cayman s or M3 in a straight line, one must question their perogitives.

I love both of the above, but I still feel like I am missing about 100ftlbs of torque when I drive either. No question that they are better all around cars, for double the money they really should be. In all aspects though.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:47 PM
blk05stang
2nd Gear Member

Here's a continuation of that video. It gets a little better. Except when he says the GT500 has a supercharged 4.6 haha.

Click Here
Old 12-04-2006, 08:10 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

somehow the american cars always lose. he did a test on the rangerover, the h2 and the escalade. and of course everything but the rangerover sucked. theres definately some bias in there.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:14 PM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

hey guys, dropping in the 05 + section and saw this. as a sign of good faith, lol, i left a nice lil ritard comment on the vid. but ya, he's officially and idiot in my book.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Rogue24
2nd Gear Member

He used a V6 convertible in that race, BUT he described the mustang as having a 4.6l engine, I wonder how much better a gt coup would have done or even a gt500...
Old 12-05-2006, 07:36 PM
callahan
3rd Gear Member

Yellow toothed bastard doesn't even know he's not driving the 4.6 L, 300 hp car. That horse was running for it's life after that Brit winked at him and blew him a kiss.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:59 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Please. This is coming from a country that touts the mini as a great car
Depends on your definition of "great". Can't be all that bad if they have been selling them basically unchanged in design since around 1961 and still going strong. If you go by longevity, popularity, and sales, I would put the mini in similar class of greatness as mustang and corvette for these qualities. In fact, the mini sales worldwide has probably easily exceeded that of mustang and corvette combined.