Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How fast would I get a ticket for SLP LM, possible H-pipe, and no cats?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 04:43 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Default RE: How fast would I get a ticket for SLP LM, possible H-pipe, and no cats?

Loud doesn't mean fast. Stick to high flow muffs they don't draw as much attention.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:04 AM
ScreamingYellow
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: How fast would I get a ticket for SLP LM, possible H-pipe, and no cats?

It's much too loud. I managed to get away with it for 1.5 weeks and no trouble from cops in Birmingham, AL. I couldn't take the noise anymore. Sounded like a Nascar at WOT, but just puttin' around town there was horrible resonance. I personally am a fan of the raspy tone the O/R H pipe and stock mufflers give, but others don't like it.

Oh yeah, I actually lost horsepower going O/R and LM's together. Put my stock mufflers back on and picked up about 7 or 8hp to the wheels.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:04 AM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

I suppose it depends on your area. Ive been running 2 chambered flows with an o/r H pipe for a year now with no problems. Like some of the replies above, Ive also gotten the thumbs up by the local fuzz.

But, I recently moved out of my x girlfriends house into an apartment complex. Im wondering how long its gonna be before someone gets tired of hearing my car start up at 6:30 every morning.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:26 PM
GuitarGuyBMG
2nd Gear Member

Yeah that'd be fun. I cant really do that anytime soon though, I have finals coming up and I doubt ill be driving the stang much except to and from school. Christmas is coming up though should be getting some stuff for the car. I was thinking about heading out to the Greer drag strip one day after I get the CAI + tune and shifter put on. Im still learning the whole stick shift thing, this is the first car Ive ever had w/ a manual transmission, but so far so good lol
ORIGINAL: JT_Moore05

ORIGINAL: redblazerx

ORIGINAL: GuitarGuyBMG

I doubt youll have much of a problem. I'm from Greenville, SC and most cops around here give a thumbs up when they see my car. One time a cop pulled me over because I had my temporary tag on for a few days too long, but then talked to me for about 5 minutes about my car haha.
Would you be interested in a meet? I live in spartanburg..

Haha! I live in spartanburg too. Moore to be exact.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ScreamingYellow

It's much too loud. I managed to get away with it for 1.5 weeks and no trouble from cops in Birmingham, AL. I couldn't take the noise anymore. Sounded like a Nascar at WOT, but just puttin' around town there was horrible resonance. I personally am a fan of the raspy tone the O/R H pipe and stock mufflers give, but others don't like it.

Oh yeah, I actually lost horsepower going O/R and LM's together. Put my stock mufflers back on and picked up about 7 or 8hp to the wheels.
yeah so youre running the same setup as me, stock mufflers with o/r hpipe, i love the way they sound (atleast compared to before with LMs, rofl)