Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whipple Superchargers

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 05:28 AM
BlueOvalBlood
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Whipple Superchargers

I have been doing a lot of research on all types of s/c systems. I was about to order a 2.6L Kenne Bell when I came across the new Whipple. I would be an idiot to go KB now after seeing all the actual posted dynos and 1/4 times from those running the Whipple. Also, Whipple teamed with Ford Racing so this kit is the best match for the car out there. I am going to just get the black non polished kit, which so far the best price out there I have come across is at FASTMUSTANGPARTS.COM which is listing the black IC HO kit at $5,450 and the polished for $5,995. If anyone knows anyplace cheaper let me know. I am going to add a Hurst shifter ($160), Centerforce clucth($290) , rear end girdle with studs ($185),bassani axle back ($446), and eibach sportline springs which lower the front 1.6" and rear 2"( $190) , a pillar pod ($53), Autometer phantom series boost gauge and water temp gauge ($96)all from rpmoutlet.com which has the best prices on all those items.
Still flirting with the idea of changing the gears to maybe 3.73s. Anyone running a lower gear with the Whipple? I still want a easy freeway drive so I am not sure.
Let me know any feedback you have on any of this. Hope my info is helpful. I have spent three months researching items and looking for best prices.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:46 AM
mail906
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BlueOvalBlood

I have been doing a lot of research on all types of s/c systems. I was about to order a 2.6L Kenne Bell when I came across the new Whipple. I would be an idiot to go KB now after seeing all the actual posted dynos and 1/4 times from those running the Whipple. Also, Whipple teamed with Ford Racing so this kit is the best match for the car out there. I am going to just get the black non polished kit, which so far the best price out there I have come across is at FASTMUSTANGPARTS.COM which is listing the black IC HO kit at $5,450 and the polished for $5,995. If anyone knows anyplace cheaper let me know. I am going to add a Hurst shifter ($160), Centerforce clucth($290) , rear end girdle with studs ($185),bassani axle back ($446), and eibach sportline springs which lower the front 1.6" and rear 2"( $190) , a pillar pod ($53), Autometer phantom series boost gauge and water temp gauge ($96)all from rpmoutlet.com which has the best prices on all those items.
Still flirting with the idea of changing the gears to maybe 3.73s. Anyone running a lower gear with the Whipple? I still want a easy freeway drive so I am not sure.
Let me know any feedback you have on any of this. Hope my info is helpful. I have spent three months researching items and looking for best prices.
I really like BlueOvalBlood's thinking, and planning here. I am thinking SC like everyone else, but what I am trying to figure out as well is the right blend / package of mod's to be made for a well put together street racer. My vehicle is a stock 5 spd 07 GT. Let's say I pick Whipple, what else should I do to the vehicle? Like BlueOvalBlood implied - what is the right list of mod's to be made?

In my case, I do not want to lower the vehicle and I do not want it to emit a wild noise level. For that matter the sound of the stock GT exhaust is fine.

Feedback? Thanks.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:42 PM
GrabberOrange07
2nd Gear Member

BlueOval, double check to make sure thats the HO unit they are selling because the part number they have and the one Whipple uses (WK-200750B (P)- Polished) dont match up. The cheapest I've seen (but hope to find cheaper) is from Lethal Performance (site sponsor). Please let me know if you find cheaper.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:48 AM
BlueOvalBlood
2nd Gear Member

You can also check modernspeedmachines.com which matches the right kit numbers. non polished is at 5699, polished just over 6100.. You can also check with Stangpede out of San Diego.
As far as other mods to do. you can do coil packs for around 40hp (my roomie noticed big gains in his 04 Lightning), cams for around 40hp, long tube headers for 30hp, sct tunerand so on. I also recomend checking rpmoutlet.com they have all these parts (minus the whipple) and are a pretty good source for other parts. I have yet to find anyone that can beat their prices. It just depends on what you want, what your budget is and how wild you wanna go. I recomend not going too wild unless you change thatbottom end(the weak link in the chain in our motors) I have heard from several places that you dont want to go above 500rwhp without building the bottom end up.
I am definitly not the master on all this, but I have dedicated the past three months to online research on our mustangs and have learned quite a bit. Love to help as much as I can. I hope to have my stuff ordered and viewing Vettes in my mirrors by mid January.
Thanks everyone, keep punishing that pavement!!!!
Old 12-21-2006, 12:29 PM
GrabberOrange07
2nd Gear Member

BlueOval, I loved the price at Modernspeed until you added the 5% of the total order shipping charge plus $7.95 handling fee. Comes out to almost $6450+ which is what everyone else is charging.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:01 AM
BlueOvalBlood
2nd Gear Member

oops
Old 12-22-2006, 03:03 AM
BlueOvalBlood
2nd Gear Member

Grabber,
I apologize for the miss info. I had not tried to actually put in the order yet since I was not ready to purchase. Did you talk to Stangpede yet?
Old 12-22-2006, 08:01 PM
GrabberOrange07
2nd Gear Member

Blueoval, no need to apologize. I thought it was a great price and was hoping shipping would be maybe $100 or so. After digging I found they wanted 5% of the order cost ($300+) to ship. I wish we could get a group buy on the Whipple together and save a few hundred bucks.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:32 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Well lets make it happen as I want one too!
Old 01-06-2007, 01:34 AM
erniep

Hi guys,
I'm also looking at a polished whipple .... group buy would be great from a reputable dealer. Polished with intercooler seems to be just right. Anyone have an inside line at Whipple to make this happen?
Ernie

2005 Roush stage1

Quick Reply: Whipple Superchargers