Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'05 GT

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 12:10 AM
notdead
1st Gear Member

Default RE: '05 GT

i love the new mustang i dnt really like the 99 ,usatng when it came out but then it grew on me never hated them just dnt like yhem as much as the 98 and before
Old 12-15-2004, 01:49 PM
broke88
1st Gear Member

I can't seem to find anything bad to say about the new 05. Ok Ok I'll say something bad about it.."Mines not here yet" , there ... lol Mustang has come back to catch the eye of non mustang owners once again. I thank the guy for posting a pic of his cobra, I seen one here and thought I was looking at the Bill Elliott erra thunderbird head lamps. Guess I was out of country when that one came out.

Kudos for all the reviews. Makes for some great discussions

Broke88
Old 12-22-2004, 08:19 PM
WestTX47

I trust that it'll just take time for everyone to adapt to the new styling of the car. Ford DOES need to play with the wheel options and find a more aggressive wheel like the one found on much the show cars. For me, it makes all the difference. Also, I don't think that Red is the new model's best color. I saw a black 05' GT on campus after their first week of release. Looked GREAT! I've recently visited the Ford dealership and checked out a red one too. I love the interiors but ... red just doesn't work for me. Again, i think it'll just need time. I know when Porsche changed from the 993 to the 996...I was shocked. It took about 3 months for the new 996 style to grow on me, now I love it. Although...all hail the 03/04' Cobras!

Old 12-24-2004, 10:39 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Interesting you say this because I am the talk of the workplace and town. People love my black 2005 Gt Mustang. Hell its a conversation piece. Maybe some out there are just a little jealous. I've had Chevy people that told me that Ford did the job right and that they were interested in the car and enjoy the lean mean appearance.
Old 12-24-2004, 01:38 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

I really dont like the grill and the lights just don't look right to me.
I agree. I like the v6's better with the grille headlight delete.
I think the reason y the front doesnt look aggressive is b/c the hoods 2 flat...Ford should have put some kinda hood scoop on it
I agree, but the 05 Roush has a hood scoop, and I don't think its much better. Yes, it takes some of the 'mundainness' out of the car, but I'm not sure I like it better.
Saleen had the same opinion on the front end of the new o5, and thus they completely changed it.
I will say this, and I bet most all will agree: just lowering the car helps the looks tremendously.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:06 PM
GTO Bruin

I think the styling of the 05 Mustang is a wonderful interpretation and evolution of the brand. The GT is bold yet tasteful. It is attractive to new buyers and it satisfies classic enthusiasts at the same time. Ford struck just the right balance between a modern design and incorporating the retro cues. It's also a good platform for special editions and aftermarket customization.

Being an owner of a classic GTO, I'm jealous. Pontiac did such a poor job bringing back the GTO. Other than badging, the 04 and 05 GTO have no heritage cues in the design. There is no visible lineage at all between the legendary musclecar and the new model. Maybe it's time for me to be a Potiac and a Ford man.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:14 AM
1fast05GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GTO Bruin

IBeing an owner of a classic GTO, I'm jealous. Pontiac did such a poor job bringing back the GTO.
Being an owner of a classic GTO, I'm jealous.
That's a beautiful '64 GTO you have. I agree with you. It seems that GM in general have a hard time with heritage styling, like the GTO, Monte Carlo, Impala and few others. Performance wise they are great but styling leaves to much to be desired. There is talk about a Camaro/Firebird comeback and if it's true hopefully they'll do a better job.

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

Interesting you say this because I am the talk of the workplace and town. People love my black 2005 Gt Mustang. Hell its a conversation piece. Maybe some out there are just a little jealous. I've had Chevy people that told me that Ford did the job right and that they were interested in the car and enjoy the lean mean appearance. .
I had mine for 2 months now and I had been to 4 car shows. At any given time you see more people around my car than most of the other cars. I had all kind of car guys/gals from ricers to the dark side brand loyals compliment the great job Ford did with the new Mustang.

People, be happy we still have our Pony heritage intact instead of a re-badged european or even worst Japanese plataform front wheel drive Ricer look alike. European and Japanese cars lovers, don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against those cars, but the Mustang is and should remain an all American car ( even if some of the parts are Japanese and European )
Old 12-27-2004, 04:40 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

[IMG]local://upfiles/1627/8757D66C20934A8F95E9146E93C8C53E.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-27-2004, 05:21 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan02GT

[IMG]local://upfiles/1627/8757D66C20934A8F95E9146E93C8C53E.jpg[/IMG]
Dude,

That looks like my car except I ordered one with the Bright machined wheels like the ones on that white one in the background. I still don't have a date on mine. When did you order yours or did you order it?
Old 12-27-2004, 05:43 PM
LLG05

Well, this is my 1st post and I hope I don't get slammed to bad! For the last 20 + years, the Mustang has never done anything for me! Every kid in high school either wanted one, or (rich mommy & daddy) bought them one! But, Ford has now gotten another new Mustang owner (well, very soon anyway). The 05 Stang has caused me to sell my baby (delivering it to the new owner on the 1st) and then I'll order my new Legend Lime Green GT for pickup around March! Winter here suck, so I'll wait. This new retro style, like the 67, has beautiful looking body lines! The 4 round headlights really bring the 'old school' look back to the auto world. I think with a few upgrades, this 05 GT will be a real looker!

Dave...