Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'05 GT

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 03:50 AM
05GTneckbraker

Default RE: '05 GT

ORIGINAL: LLG05

Well, this is my 1st post and I hope I don't get slammed to bad! For the last 20 + years, the Mustang has never done anything for me! Every kid in high school either wanted one, or (rich mommy & daddy) bought them one! But, Ford has now gotten another new Mustang owner (well, very soon anyway). The 05 Stang has caused me to sell my baby (delivering it to the new owner on the 1st) and then I'll order my new Legend Lime Green GT for pickup around March! Winter here suck, so I'll wait. This new retro style, like the 67, has beautiful looking body lines! The 4 round headlights really bring the 'old school' look back to the auto world. I think with a few upgrades, this 05 GT will be a real looker!

Dave...

hey dave, dont listen to the haters, most of them are pissed that they bought a stang right before the body changed, or they're mad that they bought a mustang that looks like a space ship.....I've had my 05 GT for over a month and get positive feedback from somebody on the road everyday...when i stop to get gas i have people looking at it/walking around it like it is a piece of art that should be on display....good luck with yours, dont let the internet warriors get you down
Old 12-28-2004, 05:54 PM
1fast05GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LLG05

Well, this is my 1st post and I hope I don't get slammed to bad! For the last 20 + years, the Mustang has never done anything for me! Every kid in high school either wanted one, or (rich mommy & daddy) bought them one! But, Ford has now gotten another new Mustang owner (well, very soon anyway). The 05 Stang has caused me to sell my baby (delivering it to the new owner on the 1st) and then I'll order my new Legend Lime Green GT for pickup around March! Winter here suck, so I'll wait. This new retro style, like the 67, has beautiful looking body lines! The 4 round headlights really bring the 'old school' look back to the auto world. I think with a few upgrades, this 05 GT will be a real looker!

Dave...
Dave,

Welcome!!! I'm sure you'll enjoy your new '05. It's the best thing Ford had done with the Mustang in a long time. Congratulations!!
Old 12-30-2004, 08:46 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Yes I get the same thing too. People will not leave me alone on my 2005 Black GT hell its horrible to be so appreciated.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:51 PM
optimusa4

First, nice GTO. I totally agree, GM missed the meeting where retro designs are where muscle cars should be. Not re-badging an already effective vehicle in its own right. I would hope to see some 05 GTO owners take the time to get Holden badges and set their car back to what it is. I have test driven the new GTO, it feels and handles like a 4000lb. slug. GM could have done such a better job by taking what made the original GTO so imposing and developed a modern body to reflect that image.

When I saw the 05 Mustang GT at the Chicago auto show, then went to the Pontiac booth and saw the GTO, no contest. In fact, with the 05 Mustang, the GT, and the Cobra concept, I think Ford owned the 2004 NAIAS.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:13 PM
lisagt

It's really just a matter of personal likes and dislikes. I looked for a month for Screaming Yellow (black stripes) and now own it as of last week. Put 500 miles on it in two days.... Although I live in NW IL (so it's freezing rain today and snow is expected), I just couldn't wait. Pictures do not do it justice and hell, if you haven't driven one yet... you're missing out! Girls, don't be afraid of this bad boy; I'm the first in my area to own one and being a chick just makes it that much more fun! Ok,so it's a lawn ornament this week; makes no difference to me !!
Old 01-03-2005, 05:03 PM
optimusa4

Congrats on the new GT. You should take it to Blackhawk Farms (Rockton, IL) when the weather is nicer and get some track time.

Post pictures when you get a chance.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:00 AM
DeViouS
4th Gear Member

i dont think it would look good w/ appearance modds. such as the gauges etc. b/c it has the old look and if u mod that then it doesnt look like what its suppose to be. i also dont like that it is such a big car it sits way high and their is so much side wall of the tires. it prob. s#cks around turns. not a sleek new look.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:17 AM
cop1097

OK guys whats all the negative feedback on the 2005 Mustang? I own one and I have never owned another car that got this much attention. People wave, honk the horn and give thumbs up. I only get compliments on the car. Take alook and let me know what you think.

[IMG]local://upfiles/11571/9F4E08877480455682512D9ECE605556.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-13-2005, 02:02 PM
biged3
2nd Gear Member

The only time I had seen the new mustang was in Magazines until I came home on leave and was able to test drive an '05 GT. I was already in love with the car, but after driving it I knew I had to have one so I ordered it the next day. This will make the fourth car I have owned (all mustangs). I get a lot of looks with my '66, but if what everyone is saying is true, I think the '05 may get more.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:01 AM
tammijoe
1st Gear Member

I own a O5...and love it. To each there own.
I get waves and horn blowing also.
I have always loved the looks since I seen them on the internet...but when I seen one in person I feel in Love!!
Had to have one and got one!!
It has been the most fun car to drive.
Try it you may like it....