Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm an idiot (video)

Old 12-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I'm an idiot (video)

ORIGINAL: 07AlloyGT

so is this going to cut into the funds on what your dad is going to get you for christmas?
If its not covered, which i have a feeling it wont be..then yeah

ORIGINAL: schapman

what dealership did u take it to?
Rancho Santa Margarita Ford...

ORIGINAL: Stoenr

You try putting into 1st with the car off?
Sounds like maybe the clutch slave took a poop.

yeah..didnt work.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:04 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

RSM Ford, huh? Hope they're good to you!

Something like this puts everything in perspective. Hate to see it happen, but that's the reality of it. If you break something, you have to pay for it.

There are a lot of people out there (and a lot on these boards as well) who will flog the hell out of their car, beat it to s***, and when something breaks, they come crying to their dealership "warranty, warranty, warranty!!"

I'm not saying you're doing this at all... But I am saying, a lot of people do it. For the most part, service managers are not stupid -- they will know a burned out clutch (or any other abused part) when they see it -- and they are going to write you for it. These guys see it all the time, so there is no reason to expect that they will not know what you were doing (and, if they look at all the chunks of dirt and rubber stuck to your quarter panels, they will know for sure). Expect to pay.

Old 12-05-2006, 05:04 PM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

that sucks.... but nice video hopefully youll have a cool tech and theyll write it up as something else because my friend did the same thing in his "scion" and they went back in his computer records and saw what happened and it didnt cover him ..... but hey at least you did it in a real car not a "scion" .
Old 12-05-2006, 05:54 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: kenthicken

RSM Ford, huh? Hope they're good to you!

Something like this puts everything in perspective. Hate to see it happen, but that's the reality of it. If you break something, you have to pay for it.

There are a lot of people out there (and a lot on these boards as well) who will flog the hell out of their car, beat it to s***, and when something breaks, they come crying to their dealership "warranty, warranty, warranty!!"

I'm not saying you're doing this at all... But I am saying, a lot of people do it. For the most part, service managers are not stupid -- they will know a burned out clutch (or any other abused part) when they see it -- and they are going to write you for it. These guys see it all the time, so there is no reason to expect that they will not know what you were doing (and, if they look at all the chunks of dirt and rubber stuck to your quarter panels, they will know for sure). Expect to pay.
Well Mr. Know it all remember that a dealer has a contract with you for warranty. Remember that for a dealer to deny warranty they will have to hire a 3rd party opinion, prove that it was you that broke it and not under normal driving. Most of the time that costs more than fixing the part, same thing with warranty voiding because of an upgrade; they got to prove that X part broke because of that mod. Good Luck proving that IMO. If the clutch is fried and nothing else is then just think of a good time to upgrade your clutch, and dont do it @ your ford dealer save your *** from overpriced work.

Att. Andrew
Old 12-05-2006, 06:16 PM
Saleen302
I ♥ Acer

Dealer doesn't need any third party opinon, they can just deny it. They'll be able to see the cause for themselves. They're not stupid and you're not the first fool to bring a car in like that. You just showed the world how dumb you are. Hope you enjoyed the erection.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:21 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

is your car lowered? Looks like the just barely had enough clearance to pull u up on the flaty bed. If your car is stock then im ****ed if I ever need a tow with these sportlines.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Saleen302

Dealer doesn't need any third party opinon, they can just deny it. They'll be able to see the cause for themselves. They're not stupid and you're not the first fool to bring a car in like that. You just showed the world how dumb you are. Hope you enjoyed the erection.

Please, not another smart-*** with a desire to crap on others! Pleeeeeze join another forum and just go away! We are all human and do stupid things, and when we do we don't need jerk-offs like you insulting us.
[sm=boosign.gif][sm=lame.gif][sm=noooo.gif]
Old 12-05-2006, 06:36 PM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: POWERS

is your car lowered? Looks like the just barely had enough clearance to pull u up on the flaty bed. If your car is stock then im ****ed if I ever need a tow with these sportlines.
nope. its not lowered.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:39 PM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

ok, well they wont cover it, and im not surprised.....so it looks like im not getting any Christmas presents

sigh.......................oh well...its my own fault....
Old 12-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Dumpweed
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

Dood.... don't sweat it. You're less of an idiot than you think you are, and more of a man than most of us will be. There probably isn't a single person on this board that hasn't done some kind of stupid crap with their car that they shouldn't have at one point in their life. Be it driving fast, driving intoxicated, doing doughnuts, whatever. Anyone that says that they have NEVER done something with their vehicle that they shouldn't have are probably the same people that swear they have never masturbaited.

At least you had the ***** to post your fukkup video on the internet! Hell, i'm the king of the dumbassess most of the time and even I would have have scrapped the video and been posting the "my clutch gave out for no reason" thread.
That is by far one of the funnest and most true things i've ever read on here!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm an idiot (video)