Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sirius Radio question

Old 12-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Bent Carhood

Default Sirius Radio question

How long is the free demo subscription that comes with a new car? The idiots at Sirius wouldn't tell me when I registered the radio.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 12-05-2006, 03:37 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Sirius Radio question

ORIGINAL: Bent Carhood

How long is the free demo subscription that comes with a new car? The idiots at Sirius wouldn't tell me when I registered the radio.

Thanks,

Mike
That would be your clue to drop them like a hot potato. Besides, do you really want the ability to let Howard Stern into your car? I'm trying to stay out of the gutter!
Old 12-05-2006, 04:28 PM
PistolPez73
2nd Gear Member

The free subscription lasts 6 months. I just got a flyer in the mail to extend it to a year (another 6 months for $52), 2 years, or 3 years. Sirius normally costs $12.95/month. Not sure if I'm going to keep it yet or not.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:07 AM
Bent Carhood

ORIGINAL: PistolPez73

The free subscription lasts 6 months. I just got a flyer in the mail to extend it to a year (another 6 months for $52), 2 years, or 3 years. Sirius normally costs $12.95/month. Not sure if I'm going to keep it yet or not.
Thanks. I don't know if I'm going to keep it or not as well. You'll be driving down the road with a song cranked up and then, bam! you go under an overpass or bridge and it cuts out. Scares the sh#t out of me every time!
Old 12-06-2006, 01:14 AM
Jens07stang
1st Gear Member

I wasn't impressed by the company when I called to inquire when my subscription runs out. Its right at six months as PistolPiz said. Those of us with this option paid $195 for the Sirius satellite radio when we bought our cars so the 6 months isn't really "free" like the customer rep believed. That was after I got past the automated system that wanted to work from my phone number (by the way, they don't have our phone numbers, so don't feel obligated to give it to them. They can look you up other ways) While I was on the phone with them I made it a point to ask them to give me my "user name" and "password" to try their online radio as was mentioned in a last ditch effort sales letter they sent, but the website is no where to be found on the letter, so its useless anyway.

I just don't get it? I'd rather spend the subscription money on cds of my choosing. I can't imagine how they will stay in business (it certainly won't be from their charming customer service reps - ha, ha). What am I missing?

UPDATE: I found the website and I'm playing the Coffee House Station as I write this update. It sounds really pretty darn good and I can see not only the name of the station, but also the name of the song and the band, etc (I wish I could see all that on the car version). I highly recommend checking this out. I'm going to hook myself up at work tomorrow too, and hope to get a lot more use of Sirius Radio this way!