Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

final plasma booster post...i promise!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 06:58 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

Default final plasma booster post...i promise!!!

long story short, i had on a plasma booster ignition and all of the sudden, i was throwing a p0354 code. turns out it was the 4th coil. i took off the ignition booster and it worked fine for about a day. then, it all started happening again..the sputtering and loss of power. today, i took it to my shop guy and he took off the wire taps that i had to install to plug in the booster wires. (they tapped into the + wire on each coil)...they were all either cut in half with no connection or hanging by a single thread of wire.

i took off all the wire taps and spliced all 8 wires back together. all power is back and i went out on the road for a quick drive. some kid in a VW turbo all tricked out came right up to me and wanted to race. i was skeptical at first but did it anyways. WOW, all my power really is back. beat that poor VW pretty bad. but i wont discredit his car cause it was pretty damn quick for a Voltswagon.

needless to say, i am once again happy with the stang!!!
Old 12-05-2006, 09:36 PM
V2GT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: final plasma booster post...i promise!!!

I had problems with my plasma booster also on my Vortech 05 GT. There was popping at hi rpm floored. Took out the unit and the popping always went away. Tried to get feedback from the maker, but no help. I eventually got rid of the popping when I gapped down the plugs to .035 with Vortech's tool. The unit has been on ever since. The wire taps are a shady way to install, but the unit has led's to show a bad connection. At my last dyno, the car actually made about 10 hp more. Only things I had at this run vs the previous one was the plasma booster and GMS connector kit...cant say the gain was due to either, but at least I know the plasma booster was not killing power.

ORIGINAL: mac10chap

long story short, i had on a plasma booster ignition and all of the sudden, i was throwing a p0354 code. turns out it was the 4th coil. i took off the ignition booster and it worked fine for about a day. then, it all started happening again..the sputtering and loss of power. today, i took it to my shop guy and he took off the wire taps that i had to install to plug in the booster wires. (they tapped into the + wire on each coil)...they were all either cut in half with no connection or hanging by a single thread of wire.

i took off all the wire taps and spliced all 8 wires back together. all power is back and i went out on the road for a quick drive. some kid in a VW turbo all tricked out came right up to me and wanted to race. i was skeptical at first but did it anyways. WOW, all my power really is back. beat that poor VW pretty bad. but i wont discredit his car cause it was pretty damn quick for a Voltswagon.

needless to say, i am once again happy with the stang!!!