Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scared the crap out of me.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 10:05 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Scared the crap out of me.

I took it to the Dodge dealer and they knew about the problem because it had happened to many people. We kept the Durango after it was fixed. I am in no means a wazoo ford tech but if the automatics have the ETC that might be a good place to start.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:47 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DeStonn

I took it to the Dodge dealer and they knew about the problem because it had happened to many people. We kept the Durango after it was fixed. I am in no means a wazoo ford tech but if the automatics have the ETC that might be a good place to start.
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr...aintsearch.cfm

you wouldnt believe this but i searched this website again just lookin for 05 v6 mustang with sudden acclerator issues, two have determined that it has happened because of the cruise control just like my cousin had told me and 15 others from just normal driving where the car acted up like it did to me. I need to get with those ppl, some of them were badly injured and they reported it there and ford still hasnt done anything, i didnt look at the gts or other years but i bet its popular. people have seemed to put in under different sections
Old 02-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Playboy06
2nd Gear Member

Xbone you don't ****ing read do you.

All the things your stating are fine, your opinion is that, yours. But seriously read that story about the 17 year old girl and then read your post. The 17 girl is a minute factor in the story, the father took control of the vehicle and reported the same problem, instead of calling people rednecks and boasting about being a *****, learn how to comprehend written sentences, because obviously your having trouble with it.

We don't ****ing care if your car runs great and you've had no problems, you want to get into a pissing contest about something learn how to pick your battles.

I started this thread for two reasons, awareness, and proof in the future, if necessary. Your deductive reasoning skills suck, purely said, people are re-stating the same occurence, and the best you have is a ****ing floormat? Give me a break and get off your god damn high chair, instead of assuming we're all incompetent failures.Because it hasn't happend to you doesn't mean the problem is a 'ghost', I don't have the water leak problem but you don't see me going on that thread telling everyone their wrong and they must have a bottle of water stuck on top of their ECM dripping into the car.

Call me names all you want, I can get through life just fine reguardless of your childish backlash.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:03 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

yea i had the problem fixed, if u didnt catch my other new thread about it, they replaced the throttle body this week and it seems to be riding like new without it sticking, so that was defintely it. I wish there was a way to advise all others on how to get theirs fixed by simply having the throttle body replaced, according to what ther service person told me, I should have the service paper work in the mail by next week.