Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got her a little banged up..Please help

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 02:22 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Got her a little banged up..Please help

Depending on your insurance provider; no police report is required for a comprehensive claim. My 04 orange stang was hit and run in a "field" overflow parking lot. I just called the claims line and reported it. They asked if I filed a report and I said no. End of that, no more said. The person cratered the drivers side door; into the door jam and rear panel. Took it my local Ford dealer body shop and they did an AWESOME job!!! I would stick with a Ford dealer, if they have a good body shop reputation!!! They matched my Competition Orange up perfectly.....look at this picture....you wouldnt know that the drivers side door was crushed like it was (wish I had the before shot, sorry!!) My damage was close to $3K, I would bet yours is $600+.

GOOD LUCK WITH IT!!!

Old 12-07-2006, 03:05 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Hmmm, 17 and commiting insurance fraud...nice advice guys. It's one thing to twist the story to the stealership to get warranty work, but don't f*ck with the insurance companies.

Nick...you already admitted to being 17 and stupid, all of us were...but stay honest and fix your own mistakes.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:14 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

Good point and well taken. I might ask though, why do we pay insurance premiums ? One time I hit a deer in PA, I had no clue where the local cop station was, so I drove to OH, and reported it to OSP, they couldn't tell a PA deer dent from an OH deer dent, I guess I committed fraud also.
How about when the insurance company raises rates without reason ? Is that not stealing ?
JMO
Old 12-07-2006, 03:19 PM
razol
1st Gear Member

I agree with Scramblr, look you did something foolish. There is no wisdom in committing a felony to cover up some innocent foolishness, suck it up and be honest. Insurance fraud is not something to enter into lightly.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:21 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LegallyTorchRED

Good point and well taken. I might ask though, why do we pay insurance premiums ? One time I hit a deer in PA, I had no clue where the local cop station was, so I drove to OH, and reported it to OSP, they couldn't tell a PA deer dent from an OH deer dent, I guess I committed fraud also.
How about when the insurance company raises rates without reason ? Is that not stealing ?
JMO
I by far am not an advocate for Inurance companies. Biggest freaking legal rip-off IMO...But the fact remains that lying in order to gain a monetary settlement is fraud. Not something any of us should be doing...especially a 17 year old.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:22 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

That is a whole new can of worms......insurance fraud is not right, no doubt, but high premiums also suck........I have to agree about committing fraud, its not right anyway you look at it......my car was legit hit and run, nothing I could do about that. My input is getting the car repaired the right way. You may pay more at the dealer but you stand a better chance of the repair being done right and color matching perfect......if you have a reputable private shop then use them but seek out the Ford body shop first, if you dont!
Old 12-07-2006, 03:34 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

Don't do it Nicksezz. I gave you bad advice, I was wrong, and I apologize. You can still tell the insurance company YOU did it, if there was no other vehicle involved and you scraped it up on a pole or something, your rates won't increase.
TELL them the truth, you'll be fine.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:25 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Man...at 17 in this car, even a V6, the Premiums will take a hit. Find some good body shops and get some quotes. After the deductible and the Premiums over time, it may be cheaper to just pay it out of pocket.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:07 PM
schapman
4th Gear Member

"How about when the insurance company raises rates without reason ? Is that not stealing ?"

No it not stealing. It could be they had to raise rates because of fraudulent claims though.
Insurance companies are going to charge more if they have to pay more out.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:23 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

At your age I wouldn't even try to claim it on my insurance, that's suicide. Yes your insurance company is going to want a police report.

ORIGINAL: NickSezz

I never talked to anyone else but my mother about this so I could say the parking lot scenario, but don't I have to get a police report?

Quick Reply: Got her a little banged up..Please help