Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brenspeed tunes

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 04:11 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Brenspeed tunes

ORIGINAL: stangster06

Funny but I am just like DJACKSO. I was all ready to order a CAI and tune from Brenspeed but after reading this and a couple of other posts I am holding off. The biggest problem for me is that I live in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area and have not been able to locate any dyno shops. I would be willing to drive up to 100 miles! (anyone have any experience with Steeda in Pompano Florida?)

After reading this thread I think I would get a dyno of my car stock (don't tell them I am thinking of getting a tune). I would then order the tune and have it dynoed at he same place (if they seemed honest the first time).

I think this would be the only way to tell if A/F, hp, etc. numbers are better and how much.

Just my 2 cents.

If you are ever up in the Orlando area you should get together with VMP Tuning. You might also get in contact with him as I know that sometimes they get a group together down there in S Fl and he brings the mobile dyno down and tunes cars.

Old 12-14-2006, 10:09 PM
TexStang06
2nd Gear Member

I haven't installed my intake and tune and o/r h yet, but all of it was ordered from Brenspeed. I feel very confident that the tune will be fine, and if it isnt, they will do anything in their power to make it right. I've called several times wondering about things, and they have always been very polite and knowledgable, so to you guys that say this thread turned you off from buying a tune and cai, go for it! Brenspeed is a quality company, and I have never heard that they didnt try their hardest to make it right. In fact, I've never heard that they couldnt correct whatever problem the customer had.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:53 PM
jerseyblood
2nd Gear Member

Guys, just got back from second dyno tune at another shop. It ran lean again on the first try at 13.5. This time it was on a Dyno Dynamics. They said again that it started to ping at 5000RPM. He then played with the tuner and added as much fuel as he could. This brought my A/F to I believe a 12.0 He then leaned it out a little more and the end result is a 12.5 at 258.5HP. I was much happier with this tuner and the run with A/F only cost me $120. I am going to go back to the previous shop and give them a piece of my mind.

As far as Brenspeed goes, Brent is awesome. I spoke with him several times and he advised I go to another dyno shop because my dyno sheets were really messed up. He said he would work with me if the tune needed to be reworked and to just let him know. My scedule is very busy and so is his, so I highly recommend him since he made time to speak with me. I hope no one got a bad vibe from me in my earlier post. I was simply aggravated from what the tech told me and was trying to get info. I think the thread went off on a tangent from there. If you were thinking of a tune, Brent is your guy. He reminds me of the old days where customer service is numero uno.....By the way I'm only 30 so the old days were not that long ago.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:31 PM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

I thought people were putting that to the wheels stock? Did you do a stock run?
I just ordered a C&L intake/sct2 tuner with off road x pipe. I will have before and after dyno for you guys in a couple off weeks.
does the computer need to learn the tune. for instance. I dyno stock, then install intake and tune. I know I let it run at idle for a bit, but would it be best to drive around for a bit or jump back on the dyno?
Old 12-15-2006, 10:23 PM
jerseyblood
2nd Gear Member

I should have ran a base run but the CAI was already installed. He said his stock mustangs usually pull in the 225 range. He uses a dyno dynamics dynometer. He said I was looking at about 30RWHP from the tune/CAI