Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ride height adjustable coilovers?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 02:14 AM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

Default ride height adjustable coilovers?????

seems like we don't have too many options for ride height adjustable coilovers [&o]

I could only find H&R adjustable street/sport suspension and KW automotive has a set but I have never heard of that company LOL.

This is driving me nuts. Does anybody know of any other manufacturers because the H&Rs are big bucks and hard to find and I have never heard of KW automotive?!?!
Old 12-10-2006, 02:33 AM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

Default RE: ride height adjustable coilovers?????

tein was supposed to be coming out with one last summer. also, Eibach does indeed have one out for a VERY affordable price, esp if ride height adjustment is a primary concern and the handling of just a set of springs and good shocks is sufficient
Old 12-10-2006, 03:08 AM
Nichepi
3rd Gear Member

I have the H&R setup on our stang. Its a great setup but lacks the ability to adjust rebound. Sometimes I feel its to soft.
K&W is a top of the line maufacture as well and as far as I know of all there equipment is Stainless steal and does not rust or ever get disfigured by road elements.

Old 12-10-2006, 05:44 AM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

thanks. I will look into the Eiback set up.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:46 AM
speedbydesign

Hey Guys,

I'm looking forward to getting started as an advertiser in the spring, but we are going to release our new 32-way adjustable dampening, full ride height adjustable, pillowball mount coilovers on March 1.

I wont go into any more details, etc until I get signed up as an advertiser, but it's safe to say it should be the best deal prise-wise so far to be brought to the 05+ Mustang Market.

Chris
Old 12-10-2006, 12:32 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

i think we should wait a bit longer for more companies tocome out with coilovers, but tein has coilovers out for the mustang and although i'm not a fan of tien they are quite good and theyre used on many many many competetion cars.

although tein is japanese, i wouldnt mind putting them on my car, it will make a dramatic increase in handling i would assume.

i can say though from when i went from stock suspension on my 240sx to stance coilovers.... good god it made aHUGE difference, then coupled with replacing all the bushings with polyurethane and sway bars it handles like a damn race car lol
Old 12-10-2006, 01:01 PM
speedbydesign

Tein is a well known brand in the import market, no doubt...

However when they released their Flex line of coilovers, they are definitely marketing it to the guy who intends to use his car for track purposes only, as they feature quite stiff spring rates on that model. Also keep in mind the Tein Flex MSRP is $2000, which is quite pricey.

We are looking to bring them out at an MSRP of $1350, as I dont want to outprice the typical car enthusiast budget.

My goal is release the coilovers in March with all the features of the Tein Flex, but with softer spring rates, still about 25% stiffer than stock.

I realize most people want something for their daily driver street car, so I want to build a full-feature model that allows both street use and track use, but wont leave your back aching everytime you get out of the car.

Of course, with our 32-way dampening adjustment and pillowball mounts (for on the fly camber adjustment), you could have even further adjust the ride.