Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The $30k Question.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 07:15 PM
GuitarGuyBMG
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: The $30k Question.......

There are cars that beat ours for around the same price, but the mustang is just so much cooler. Plus, the Mustang has a lot more potential IMO. STI's and EVOs already have turbos on them. I mean Im sure you can put bigger turbos on them, but you can put a supercharger or a turbo on a stang and anniahlate it. Like they say, theres no replacement for displacement.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:25 PM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

That's just it, The Mustang is the only car for 30K that looks as cool as it does and goes as fast as it does. And it can go way faster! with some mods.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:38 PM
ANBAUTO
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GuitarGuyBMG

There are cars that beat ours for around the same price, but the mustang is just so much cooler. Plus, the Mustang has a lot more potential IMO. STI's and EVOs already have turbos on them. I mean Im sure you can put bigger turbos on them, but you can put a supercharger or a turbo on a stang and anniahlate it. Like they say, theres no replacement for displacement.
you know there are some evo that are DD and have 800 whp
Old 12-10-2006, 09:38 PM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: b_hollier

Guess we will all just have to quit racing all together since we are now limited to just these 2 types of cars. What about modded cars are we allowed to talk about racing those?
You can race anyone you want. My neighbor has an Enzo. Maybe you want to take him on? I just don't wanna hear about it.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ANBAUTO

exactly, people need to stop under estimating 4 cylinder power plants.

their engines already being turbo is easier for them to make more horsepower. they can easily change the turbo out to a higher output one and make huge hp numbers.

for example on my SR20DET 240sx, right now it has a stock t25 turbo, in one day i can change that out and put in a gt28rs or a GT2871R and easily make 450whp.

a guy with an SR20 has a pt67 turbo and over 600+whp.

the mustang doesnt have more potential in my opinion, the evo and sti can far surpass the handling capabilites of the mustang. its not all about horsepower and straight line speed.

the mustang sure is an eye catcher though, it has more than enough potential for the average person but its not a super car.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:17 PM
RICAKILLA
2nd Gear Member

I think for about the money u save on a 'super car'... You can make the stang just as good....
Old 12-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kaldar142

ORIGINAL: ANBAUTO

exactly, people need to stop under estimating 4 cylinder power plants.

their engines already being turbo is easier for them to make more horsepower. they can easily change the turbo out to a higher output one and make huge hp numbers.

for example on my SR20DET 240sx, right now it has a stock t25 turbo, in one day i can change that out and put in a gt28rs or a GT2871R and easily make 450whp.

a guy with an SR20 has a pt67 turbo and over 600+whp.

the mustang doesnt have more potential in my opinion, the evo and sti can far surpass the handling capabilites of the mustang. its not all about horsepower and straight line speed.

the mustang sure is an eye catcher though, it has more than enough potential for the average person but its not a super car.
No question that small displacement rice rockets can spin up major HP numbers with the right turbos on them, but they CANNOT match the torque that a large displacement V8 can generate with a high end twin-screw SC. Horsepower parity aside, there is no way a 600 horsepower 2.5 liter STI is going to beat a 600 horsepower 4.6 liter Mustang. No way, no how. The whole thing is over in the first 100 feet.

Old 12-10-2006, 10:36 PM
wakebord99
2nd Gear Member

No question that small displacement rice rockets can spin up major HP numbers with the right turbos on them, but they CANNOT match the torque that a large displacement V8 can generate with a high end twin-screw SC. Horsepower parity aside, there is no way a 600 horsepower 2.5 liter STI is going to beat a 600 horsepower 4.6 liter Mustang. No way, no how. The whole thing is over in the first 100 feet.
Dude.. are u kidding me? A 300 hp, bone stock Evo IX is running in the low 4's 0-60, and never looses grip. It's almost 500 lbs lighter, 4 wheel drive, crazy traction control.... That car will EAT a GT for breakfast with 30% less hp.

The GT is a nice car.. comfortable, good sound, and american low end power. And that's about where it ends.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:54 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wakebord99

Dude.. are u kidding me? A 300 hp, bone stock Evo IX is running in the low 4's 0-60, and never looses grip. It's almost 500 lbs lighter, 4 wheel drive, crazy traction control.... That car will EAT a GT for breakfast with 30% less hp.

The GT is a nice car.. comfortable, good sound, and american low end power. And that's about where it ends.

i agree, the mustang is just really a performance car without all the performance lol.

its just a badass car, doesnt really go around curves too well but its got some damn quick acceleration.

its more so a fun car, is how i look at it. none the the less i love my mustang.

ps, evo 9 MRs dip 12s stock now

and 600hp sti vs 600hp mustang, you seem to talk like every import out there is like an honda.... some imports have torque to match their HP.

STi is ligher, its also AWD so a launch would tend to be easier, especially on street tires.

not to mention an sti would embarass a mustang in the turns
Old 12-10-2006, 11:17 PM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wakebord99

I would agree that a normally aspirated Mustang would have a hard time against a stock turbo STI, although both are 13 second cars in the quarter mile. But I postulated a supercharged Mustang against a big-turbo STI down the quarter mile, and if the horsepower is even, I believe displacement wins when it comes to torque.

Quick Reply: The $30k Question.......