Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dumb to put 07 cobra rims on 05 gt?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 08:23 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default RE: dumb to put 07 cobra rims on 05 gt?

darn..I was hoping you would want to buy it so i can get my supercharger./...LOL...all is good
ORIGINAL: KTownGT

ORIGINAL: jerseystang07

jay0heavenly couldn't have said it better:"If you're not paying for my car then who cares?" Cheftjpeck has his reasons for making a tribute car just like everyone else has their own reasons for customizing their rides the way they want it. Bashing someone for the way they choose to mod their car is worse then watching 2 5-year-olds bicker over whose favorite color is blue. It's just stupid. Get the wheels and screw everyone who thinks you shouldn't because you would be a "poser". Your car, your money, your rules.
Then why do we give ricers so much crap about how they do there car...

I am pretty sure ya'll think it is funny/ irritating to see a Type-RS Miata with Powered by V-Tec Stickers all over it. What's the difference?

Chef: I wasn't asking if you had a rolex or not, I was just using that as an example.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

darn..I was hoping you would want to buy it so i can get my supercharger./...LOL...all is good

jay0heavenly couldn't have said it better:"If you're not paying for my car then who cares?" Cheftjpeck has his reasons for making a tribute car just like everyone else has their own reasons for customizing their rides the way they want it. Bashing someone for the way they choose to mod their car is worse then watching 2 5-year-olds bicker over whose favorite color is blue. It's just stupid. Get the wheels and screw everyone who thinks you shouldn't because you would be a "poser". Your car, your money, your rules.

I am pretty sure ya'll think it is funny/ irritating to see a Type-RS Miata with Powered by V-Tec Stickers all over it. What's the difference?

Chef: I wasn't asking if you had a rolex or not, I was just using that as an example.
Nah, but if I needed a ***** extender, I would buy it from you
Old 12-10-2006, 08:41 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

It's rims... go for it!
Old 12-10-2006, 10:39 PM
Nebfan
1st Gear Member

I was away after posting the thread. I just had to play some golf today. First off, yes I am a NU fan so I appreciate the GO BIG RED. I also appreciate your responses. I think I will go for it as most of you all said. It will be a good Christmas present from my wife. Do most of you all agree that the 18's are the best choice?
Old 12-10-2006, 10:59 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

If it's the rims I'm thinking of, you can easily replace the center cap with the Pony cap or Ford Blue Oval. Can't you ??
[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
Old 12-10-2006, 11:06 PM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

as i said AmericanICON..to each his own...but this post isnt about me anyhow..I was posting mine as sarcasm and tongue in cheek...this post is about whether the guy should get cobra wheels or not...so I say go for it...as far as me being rice or whatever....so be it...its tribute to my dad and his car and my birth year...not a msutang show ive been to in town that people dont immediately get that....but you are obviously one of the great mustang gods who know all so be it...

It feels so good to finally be recognized!

I'm sorry I didn't "immediately get" that your car is obviously a tribute to your dad and your birth year. Don't be so defensive.. I didn't call your car rice; in fact, it looks good.

Old 12-10-2006, 11:14 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

If these are the ones you are talking about they are nice. I have them on my black GT. I did get knock offs from discounttire for about 144 a piece.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2007-g...rome-2005.html

[IMG]local://upfiles/49069/F89A85C33686476E803B976E537264FA.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-11-2006, 01:08 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

actuallly had a reply, but realized it was futile and childish so I did an edit....have a great day KTOWNGT your maturity is noted..

Nah, but if I needed a ***** extender, I would buy it from you
Old 12-11-2006, 01:17 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

not defensive as much as tired.....all is great....have a great day AMERICANICON....thx for the compliment..
ORIGINAL: AmericanICON

as i said AmericanICON..to each his own...but this post isnt about me anyhow..I was posting mine as sarcasm and tongue in cheek...this post is about whether the guy should get cobra wheels or not...so I say go for it...as far as me being rice or whatever....so be it...its tribute to my dad and his car and my birth year...not a msutang show ive been to in town that people dont immediately get that....but you are obviously one of the great mustang gods who know all so be it...

It feels so good to finally be recognized!

I'm sorry I didn't "immediately get" that your car is obviously a tribute to your dad and your birth year. Don't be so defensive.. I didn't call your car rice; in fact, it looks good.

Old 12-11-2006, 01:18 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

I think Mustangs are made for modifying, it's YOUR car, do as you please. The GT500 rims are pretty cool, but like others have said, the 18" Bullitts are very sweet. Although I don't think you'll go wrong if you stick with OEM style Ford wheels. Your car will like sweet with the rims you want to get

Quick Reply: dumb to put 07 cobra rims on 05 gt?