Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vehicle abuse by dealer.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 12:14 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Vehicle abuse by dealer.

ORIGINAL: callahan

Radio? Please explain. Had that been my car, I would have made such a scene, they would have paid me to leave.
It is pretty widely known ( on the forums at least ) that if you do not shut the radio off before turning the car off the amps will continue to draw power and cause the battery to go dead if the car sits for a couple of weeks.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:29 AM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

Radio? Please explain. Had that been my car, I would have made such a scene, they would have paid me to leave.
It is pretty widely known ( on the forums at least ) that if you do not shut the radio off before turning the car off the amps will continue to draw power and cause the battery to go dead if the car sits for a couple of weeks.
I don't think that's the case with the '07s, now...My radio shuts off when I open the car door. But, I'll keep an eye on that to see if my battery goes dead on the car.

At any rate, that stinks that someone would go light up the tires in a customer's car...Anymore, if I take a car into a dealership, I take a picture of the wheels and the car with my camera phone before it goes in and before it comes out.

I had a Saturn dealership try to tell me that they didn't damage my aftermarket wheels when I took it to them, because I couldn't prove that they did damage.

The next time I had to take the car in (car was throwing a check engine light and it was still under warranty) I took pictures of each wheel, then checked it when I came out, before I even drove off the lot. I walked back in and told the service manager of the damage, and they tried to blame it back on me. And I said, "You know, I just so happen to have proof here showing that this damage happened while the car was in your possession, as I time/date stamped the photographs that I took before I brought the car in. So let's try that again, shall we?"

Hopefully this guy who had this happen nails the dealership to the wall for it.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:51 AM
BAMFstang
3rd Gear Member

I definately would have left that dealership in cuffs.

I would have found the asshat and proceeded to see how many different assault charges I could rack up.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:41 AM
slow07
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sprzout

I don't think that's the case with the '07s, now...My radio shuts off when I open the car door. But, I'll keep an eye on that to see if my battery goes dead on the car.
My '07 did it a couple of weeks ago. I am glad to know what caused it now.

Oh yeah, I probably would have killed someone... literally.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:01 AM
thxultra
2nd Gear Member

It is sad but this is why I always take pictures of the car and odomitor when I have to leave my car at the dealer. It is not unheard of that machanics take cars to lunch etc. I feel bad for the owner of this stang because who knows what they hit if the front tires were scuffed as well. Hopefully he got a lawer.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:34 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Wow.. All that just because of the amp draw issue..
I really feel for the guy, as if a dealer asked me to leave my car for 2 weeks i would be asking for a mustang gt or better as a rental. (gt-h anyone... )
I would have them putting new tires, brakes, rotors, (if its a manual) a new clutch, and ontop of that I would want free service intervals on the car for its warranty term.
I would also ask for an alignment check..
Old 12-14-2006, 03:44 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

recently had just tires put 44 miles on my car when changing a tire that got a nail in it. Dunno what they did with it but i have a case going on with the just tire big wigs right now
Old 12-14-2006, 10:09 AM
F00Mustang
3rd Gear Member

allways check and record your milage when you bring it in to the dealer. Keep in mind that some repairs require a road test, but look for excessive use.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:38 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Sprzout

All of the S197s have this feature. That is not new for '07.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:40 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Its not the radio that does not shut off.. Its the amps in the shaker system..

Quick Reply: Vehicle abuse by dealer.